"I think he's right," Rosen said. "These are made for men so they're naturally bigger. They don't usually chain up girls, and your wrists are probably small enough you could squeeze out of it."

I brought my hand up and examined the metal contraption keeping me contained. I could see what they meant, the cuff was big, and when I pulled it easily slipped up to the joint in my thumb.

"I think I can get it off," I said, gripping the piece of metal with my other hand. I curled my fingers to make it as small as possible as I started sliding it forward..

I gritted my teeth and wiggled my hand when the cuff got stuck on my joint. But it didn't seem to move any further than that. Exasperated, I looked to Rosen for help.

"Keep going. Use the wall and spit on it if you have to," he urged.

Nodding, I propped my foot up to the wall so my back was to the boys and used my full weight to try and slip off the handcuff. I had to bite down on my lip hard to keep from crying out when it moved a centimeter.

If I could just move it another few times then it would be off.

Although my throat was as dry as a dessert, I managed to muster up some saliva. Spitting into my hand, I rubbed it on my skin just in front of the cuff. I prayed, and pulled.

I couldn't help the small gasp of pain and whimper that escaped past my lips as the shackle finally pulled off and my wrist was free.

"I got it," I smiled, turning to Rosen and Cole who both were grinning at me. I flexed my hand and winced as a sharp pain shot through it.

In my relief, I flung myself at Rosen who caught me with a small laugh. His arms were just able to wrap around me as the chains pulled tight.

I breathed him in, already feeling better about the situation by simply being in his arms. Before, he had seemed so unattainable but now he was right in my hands. It felt like anything was possible.

"Do you think I can get yours off now?" I asked, leaning back and suddenly becoming all too aware that I was basically sitting in his lap.

"I'm not sure, but it won't hurt to try," he said. He was smiling at me, but a small part of me felt it was only for my sake. "Let me see your wrist first," he ordered, growing serious as he grabbed my hand. His chains clinked as he examined it.

"Well doctor, what's your verdict?" I joked halfheartedly. The skin was bruised and red from all the pulling, but looked no where near as bad as Rosen's.

"I think it's just strained, maybe a small sprain but it's not out of socket or broken," he said. His fingers prodded the bruising and I refrained from pulling back my hand.

"They didn't happen to leave the key laying around, did they?" I asked, changing the subject to focus on how to get the boys out of their cuffs.

"Don't think we would get that lucky," Cole spoke up from a few feet away.

I looked around the room to see if there was anything I could use to break the metal. The chain was heavy, but the metal looked like it was old and starting to rust. If I had something heavy I might be able to break it.

"Let's just see if we can pull the bracket out of the wall first," Rosen offered. I nodded and took ahold of the chain. Rosen grabbed it as best as he could with the cuffs still on his wrists. Together, we braced ourselves on the wall and pulled.

I held my breath and threw all my weight into my arms as I tugged. The bracket didn't even make a sound.

I say back, my arms aching. Rosen kept pulling though, growing frustrated. I could see in his eyes as his strength turned into desperation.