Chapter 14 - The Boiling Centre

*Hi guys, as promised here's the next chapter! Hope you'll enjoy! Love, Jazzlinxxx*

"Look, it's over there." Nelly pointed towards a little place on the far side of the road. It was a Chinese restaurant close to Nelly's university where she usually went with her friends. Dom looked at her doubtfully. "And the food's supposed to be good?" - Nelly laughed and took his hand. "I know it is because I've been there hundreds of times." She glanced over her shoulder. "As long as you're sure it's alright for you to be out in public places, tonight's gonna be perfect." - Dom entwined his fingers with hers. "Don't you worry, as long as the police are convinced Brian is getting evidence for them, The hell they're going to arrest me as long as there's one more thing they might pin on me." By now, they were standing in front of the Chinese. They entered and a waiter showed them to their table. The place was small, but comfy - candles were lit everywhere and the chairs had big cushions on them. They were handed the menus and Dom scanned it with a frown on his face. - "You've actually never had Chinese?" Nelly asked incredulously for probably the fifth time. Back in the UK, she and her family used to have Chinese once a month at least. Dom shook his head still obviously trying to make sense of the menu. "Why is there so much duck on here? Who would want to eat duck?" he asked with a puzzled frown. Nelly couldn't help but laugh at his comment. "It's really nice, actually. Let's have some mixed starters first, they're almost the best of the whole meal. I love the starters." - Dom chuckled and nodded. "Whatever you say."

Going out for dinner had been Dom's idea. Nelly had been snuggled up on the couch reading a book when he'd stepped inside - he'd been working on cars all day and there were stains on his tank-top. "Want to go for dinner somewhere tomorrow night?" He'd just asked. Nelly had suggested to have some Chinese food and that was how she'd found out Dom had never had Chinese before. But he hadn't wanted to chicken out, so he had agreed they go to Nelly's favourite Chinese.

After having explained the menu to Dom and ordered something for the both of them, Nelly turned to Dom and smiled at him. "How's it going?" she asked tentatively. Dom and Brian had been looking for that car thief almost two weeks now and especially Dom didn't like talking about it. He hardly ever took Nelly with them, even though she wanted to come. - "Well, we're not really getting anywhere. Most people I know and the people they know have never heard about a lot of expensive cars for sale. I suppose these private police-cars owned by high ranking officers must be really expensive, especially with their cargo - of course I don't know, I don't even know their brands and models. It's... as a matter of fact it's impossible for us to find them without further information." He sighed. Nelly averted her eyes. "Sorry, I didn't want to spoil the mood..." - Dom smiled, but if wasn't comforting, it rather upset Nelly more: his smile was almost resigned. - "It's alright, I wanted to talk to you about that anyway. - We'll have to leave the country as soon as the police demands results from Brian. Brian and I, I mean." - Nelly slowly shook her head. "There just got to be a way of finding that thief... of getting that information!" - "Brian said he couldn't access the information and sure as hell I won't be able to walk in there and demand to see the files," he chuckled. Seeing her worried expression, though, he put on a confident smile. "Perhaps we'll find a way after all. We'll see." - The waitress brought them drinks and after she had left their table again, Dom said: "The pleasant thing I wanted to talk to you about: there'll be a race in two days' time. Do you wanna come?" - Nelly grinned at him. "Sure I do. - Will Mia and Brian be there as well?" - Dom nodded with a crooked grin. "Yes - this time you'll be coming in my car, though." - Nelly felt the excitement bubbling up in her stomach. This was definitely going to be fun.

Mia and Nelly were equally excited for the oncoming race - rather like two little girls than grown-up women. Perhaps it was a little bit because they'd be able to show off their boyfriends - usually, they all avoided being seen in public together. When they had finished dressing and styling, Mia went over to Nelly and hugged her. "We're going to forget about the whole thief-catching-thing for one night, alright? We're just going to have fun." - Nelly grinned and hugged her back. "Deal." - Mia released her and grabbed her bag. "Let's get down quickly or they'll leave without us." - Nelly put on a cheeky smile and rattled two bunches of car keys. "They're not going anywhere," she laughed, throwing Brian's keys at Mia, adding: "They really shouldn't leave them lying around for everyone to take." Hadn't Mia and her just agreed not to worry tonight, Nelly would've told Mia that she'd been found the keys still in the ignition lock of both cars and that she didn't think this was a clever thing to do, all jokes aside. Being as it was, though, Nelly just went downstairs immediately behind Mia.