Chapter 6

| Alex's POV |

I love summer, I love being able to sleep till noon on a weekday.

*doorbell*

I took off my Chanel sleep mask and went down the steps. My parents weren't home this morning, they went to the country club. I opened the door to Grayson's smiling face.

"Hey, do you need someone to clean your pool?" He smiled so big.

I am in my pjs with no makeup. Ugh, why me.

"Um don't you come tomorrow?" I laughed nervously thinking about how I looked.

"Do I? Aw darn" he said sarcastically, "I just wanted to see you."

"Ah so that's why Ethan still isn't here! I literally woke up like this (Bey reference) um, this is awkward."

"You look fine!" He put his hand on his chest sweetly.

I leaned against the door deciding what to do. If I let him in I can't get ready in front of him, I'd have to keep looking ugly. If I told him he can't come in, well, I just don't see him. And I don't know what my mom would say.

"Do you need to get ready for me to see you?"

Aw he gets me.

"Haha yes I didn't know how to say it!" I rubbed my forehead nervously.

"I can go get us some food and come back, if you want?"

He is so sweet!

"Sure, that sounds great!"

-

I had gotten ready and came down the steps to wait for him. I ram into my mom, "what are you all dressed up for honey?"

"Uh. A friend is coming over..."

"Do I know this friend?"

"Yes, Grayson."

"The pool boy???"

"Heh, yes" I looked down at the awkwardness.

"That's a little weird Alex."

"Mom, he's in my grade!!"

"Oh, well I'll let it slide this time."

That was easy. I hear the doorbell once more.

"I'll get it mom!"

I open the door with Grayson holding 2 chocolate milkshakes and a bag of fries.

"My milkshakes bring all the girls to the yardddd" he sung in laughter.

"Stop! You crack me up!!"

I walked him up to my room to watch a movie.

"A milkshake and fries for the lady..." He handed me the food he brought, which smelled great may I add.

"Thank you!"

"You know what tastes really good? Dip a fry in the milkshake!" He suggested.

I lifted a brow, "Are you serious?"

"Yes I'm serious! Try it!!" (Ok but forreal please tell me I'm not the only one who does this?)

Surprisingly, it was very good.

"Hm. You surprised me there Dolan."

"That's my job!"

We decided to watch a comedy and we got comfy on the couch. I wasn't sure I was comfortable cuddling with him yet, since I don't know how I feel about him, so I kept my distance. Then his phone rang.

Ethan on the other line: dude where are you?? I woke up and you weren't here?!

Gray: oh did you not see my note on the fridge? I'm at Alex's house.

Ethan: we don't have to clean her pool today man?

Gray: oh I know, I'm hanging out with her.

Ethan hung up.

"Sorry about that" he looked up at me right in the eyes.

I wonder what is happening between them?