Chapter 8

"So when are you planning to tell them about your Light Yagami theory?" I asked L while we were working on the monitors as usual. It has been a few days since he told the others but he still did not say a thing about Light.

"I don't know what you mean; I already told them."

"Yeah, right but you did not tell them about Light."

"I want to check him out by myself before telling them."

"WHAT? You will actually leave this building? And see actual sunlight? Are you sure? Won't your skin burn off? Can your eyes handle it?"

"Very funny [Y/N], very funny. But yes, I will actually go there myself and I want you to come with me since you already know him."

"I don't know him. I just know who he is."
"Same thing. Just guide me through the university."

L obviously did not realise that I had not been at university yet since was trapped there. I did not feel like saying anything against it though. "Right, um... when are we going?"

"How about tomorrow?"

"Already? But sure, I guess."

The next day they woke me up as always just this time I could actually go outside for once. It felt like I have not been outside for years now even though I know it was just a few weeks. After I got ready I, walked into the kitchen where I saw L eating a cake while drinking or eating, whatever you want to call it, his coffee. "So are you ready to go?" L asked

"Um, yeah!" He grabbed his coat since it was already December and pretty cold outside. I could not stop smiling when we walked outside because fresh air is the best thing when you have not been around it for weeks!

The car that picked us up was a fancy black car with dark windows. "I thought this is supposed to be an undercover thing?" I joked around.

"It is" he answered. He seemed kind of confused about it. Sometimes L just really does not pick up on stupid jokes.

We were at the university way too early so L offered to go to a café first to eat a cake and drink coffee first. He paid for me and then we sat down at a table. Of course he could not sit there like a normal person so he sat in his usual frog position.

It was kind of awkward to spend actual spare time with L since we did not have much to talk about. Every time I tried to ask L something about his life, he would not answer. Sometimes he asked me something about myself but I was never really sure if he asked because he actually wanted to know it or if he needed to know more information for the case.

Right when we were actually talking about something Machi and Taiyo walked into the café and as soon as Machi spotted me she shouted "[Y/N], where have you been? Gosh, I missed you! I thought you were dead or something!" She hugged me really tightly. Taiyo seemed kind of confused because I think he did not expect it but he also greeted me happily.

"So, ummm, you guys, this is-"

"I am Hideki Ryuga. Nice to meet you! [Y/N] told me a lot about you." L interrupted me. I did not even question his name change because I guess he has his reason. The only thing I wondered about was that I cannot remember telling him about my friends.

"Oh, it's a pleasure to meet you Hideki Ryuga" Taiyo responded with his usual charming smile. "Are you two dating? [Y/N] why did you not tell me about it? Why do you have a best friend if you just disappear and come back with a boyfriend?" This obviously came from Machi. L and I both looked really confused first and then L awkwardly put his arms around my waist and said "Yeah, we are." I started to look even more confused and immediately wanted to protest but L always have his reasons. I just played along and stepped a bit closer to L.

"[Y/N], really, you could have told me that! Let's sit down and you tell us everything about you two." Machi said and we sat all down at the table.

After an hour of catching up, L and I left holding hands. "Why the hell did you do that?" I asked him kind of angrily.

"What did I do?" I just raised our intertwined hands. "Oh, it is just a good cover up for us. Just like normal students. We don't want to attract attention, do we?"

"No, but I still do not get what it has to do with it."

"That's okay, you don't have to. I have my reasons."

L acts really weird sometimes but again, I just do not question it.

------------------------------------

I am so sorry for not updating this story for such a long time! I just had quite a few exams and been on holiday. I hope that I will be able to update it more regularly now! :)