Chapter 6

It had been 3 days of working, mostly with L since my files still had not been translated into English. To be honest, I thought working with L was kind of fun; even though he seemed weird first, he was actually a very nice human-being who just does not know or care about acting socially acceptable, but he also does not have to do that. I think he ate about 50 cakes during that time, I am not even kidding; he must be in a constant sugar rush.

It was late again and everybody was about to go home to see their families again so L and I decided to work while sitting on a sofa because it was more comfortable. After a rather long period of silence L asked: "Do you know Light Yagami?"

"Why do you need to know that, Ryuzaki?"

"Just tell me."

"Well, he was at my school and I guess everybody knew who he was. Light was our best student and as far as I know one of the best ones in this country. Every girl at our school liked him, he had it pretty easy at school."

"Do you like him too?" This question made me feel very uncomfortable. Why would he need to know that? That was definitely not something he would have to know for the case. "Um, I am one of the exceptions."

"Why? Isn't he pretty to you girls?" This was getting weird.

"Firstly, not every girl likes the same kind of guys; secondly –"

"But aren't the generally pretty and intelligent type of guys every girl's type?"

"SECONDLY, don't ever interrupt people if you want to get information from them. Thirdly, I didn't really care too much about his looks, there is something odd about him."

"Explain that." I still had no idea where this was going.

"Um, I mean... Well, he seemed to push people who like him away. Whenever I saw him walking around, somebody was trying to get his attention but he was kind of ignoring them. I mean, he smiled and said hi, but then he walked off. He did not seem to have real friends even though he was really popular. Also I did not buy it when he was trying to be nice to people though I have to say that we have never really talked." I did not even know if that made any sense but L seemed like he understood.

"Do you think he is good at lying and hiding secrets?" L asked while he looked like he was processing something.

"I don't know. I think so because he is certainly a smart guy but I am not the right person to ask this question." Did he really...? He could not actually suspect Yagami's son to be somehow connected to Kira? Even though thinking about it, it would make sense. But it could not be Light; that was ridiculous.

"Ryuzaki, do you think Light could be Kira?"

"Well, there is a good possibility, let's say about 73%, that he is Kira, just think about it."

"You are just making these numbers up, aren't you? Or where do they come from? And I did and I see where you are coming from; it would be very easy for him to get to the information of criminals and everything else he needs also the times when Kira killed would make sense, but... Do you really think Yagami's son could do that?"

"Yes I do and no, the numbers make sense when you actually think about it."

"Of course they do, Ryuzaki, of course. Well, maybe you should sleep a night about this theory."

"I don't need to do that. That's what makes most sense at the moment."

"Sure..." I said while realising that I got really sleepy, but I was not able to go to bed yet because there were still some things left to do. Without even thinking about it, I rested my head on L's shoulder. "That's not a professional employment relationship." L said, he did not seem to be really bothered though. "Oh, shut up. This is not even an employment." I answered laughing.

"You are tired huh?" he asked quietly while chewing on his thumb.

"Yes, but it's alright. I am going to bed when you are going."

"You can go, I have other cases I need to look at. I can't use a tired colleague anyway." Colleague? I did not expect that. Was he serious about that? I mean he would not even need colleagues so was he just saying that to make me feel more important? I hated to not know what he actually meant.

"If you say so. Good night, don't go to bed too late, okay?"

"Okay. Good night and sleep well, [Y/N]." he said in his monotone voice then I smiled at him and went to my room.

This one is a bit shorter than my last chapters but I hope it's okay! :)