Chapter 7

It was a couple of days later. I woke up earlier than expected and since I was pretty hungry I did not bother much to get ready. First thing I did was obviously making myself some coffee and I also decided to make a cup for L as well since he always needed some coffee. Then I grabbed sugar and this coffee milk in these small plastic containers (I do not even know if they have a name but you all hopefully know what I mean) and balanced everything to L. "Good morning!" I said with a fake enthusiastic voice because I was still too tired. He replied in his thinking voice while having his thumb on is lips as usual "Morning..."

In front of him was a cake with a strawberry on top and after putting everything on the desk I took the strawberry and ate it. "HEY!" I think his voice was never that loud before "that was my strawberry!"

"Yeah and now I ate it. It was a good one though."

"You could have got your own cake." His face actually had an expression which was such a rare event. He looked sad even though I just assumed that it was jokingly fake.

"I know but I need my coffee first. I got you one too because I assumed that you haven't slept much."

"Thank you. And I actually didn't sleep at all..." and then he started to look at the displays again.

"Ryuzaki, you did say that you would sleep more!"

"Well, there is not enough time in a day to sleep, I have work to do." He was already too focused on his work to reply properly.

"You have such a healthy lifestyle." I mumbled quietly to myself, but of course he heard that and looked at me with a confused face. I wanted to explain but then I remembered that he is a smart guy, he should have got it. After he understood that I would not answer, he went back to work and I started as well.

After a few hours none of us had a new idea so L wanted to talk to all of the members to tell them about his theory. I entered the room as the last person and sat down next to Matsuda. Just L was not there yet. "How is your work going? And how is working with L now?" Matsuda asked.

"Well, we did not get more information since days, L has this idea which he will talk about now but I still don't know what to think about it... I mean, sure it makes sense, but I really don't want to believe it. You will see. And L is more fun than it looks even though we just sit in silence most of the time; he does not really talk if it is not necessary. But some conversations are actually kind of funny."

"I am glad to hear that. I was actually worried that he could be difficult to get along with since he is... well, let's say... special. Does he actually let you work or are you just there to agree with him on his theories?"

"He lets me work. Or at least I think so. I say what I think about his ideas and tell him if I realise something or have an idea, but most of the time I look at files and monitors. That's basically all I am doing."

"Sounds like more than I am doing." Matsuda laughed as L walked in. He sat down in his frog position and looked around the room.

"Good Afternoon everyone. Without wasting any more time, let's begin with the important things. So [Y/N] and I got to the result that Kira is, with a possibility of about 83%, one of your family members." Me and him, right... I did not even say much about this idea when he came up with that. I was more concerned about the fact that he suspected Light Yagami. All of the other members had a confused/shocked face going on.

"I still don't believe him when he says those percentages." I whispered to Matsuda and he laughed quietly. L obviously heard that and he just gave me this "oh-shut-up-but-I-am-actually-joking-well-kind-of-at-least"-look (I am great at giving these things a name, but I hope that you know what I mean).

After L went on for a little bit longer to explain the details of the theory, I had more and more questions about the case and theory but I decided to wait longer until I ask him just in case I figure it out on my own. I did not want to bother him any more with stupid questions.

This chapter ended kind of weird but I had to end it somehow. I know that it is shorter again but I am really busy with my school stuff right now. I just hope that next chapter will be a bit longer and better again! 

Have a great day/night/whatever! :)