Dusty nodded sadly in understanding. Of course he'd pity me. All the rich kids pity the poor, or laugh at them. At least he wasn't laughing at me.

"I get it, 'Kota. This was your best option," he said. He suddenly smiled a very odd smile. "I'm guessing none of the other guys know?"

I shook my head. "Just you."

"And I'm guessing no one knows about you on scholarship?" he asked, raising an eyebrow. I've seen the kids on scholarship getting bullied and I didn't want to be one of those people. Just seeing that I wasn't being made fun of told me no one knew.

"Just you," I said again, then added, "and the school board."

Dusty nodded, hopping off the counter. "Well, time for bed, Princess. School awaits," he said, making his way to leave the little bathroom. I was about to follow him but stopped and pulled the shirt he held for me out of his hand. I put it on and followed him out. He stopped in the doorway and turned around to look at me one last time.

"You sure you wanna sleep on the floor?" he asked, "you can have the bed.." he said, obviously not wanting to make a girl sleep on the floor while two guys took the only two beds in the room.

I shook my head. "Treat me like you'd treat me as a guy. Don't even think about me being a girl. I'm still the same 'Kota," I said, giving him a small smile. And that is how I ended up sleeping on the floor and having accidentally told Dusty that I was a girl.

In the morning, I heard bustling about and someone almost tripped on me, making me wake up. My eyes fluttered open but I quickly shut them again. Drake and Dusty didn't see me wake. Drake quietly snickered.

"Be careful or you'll wake him up" he warned. 

"Sorry," Dusty replied with a quiet snicker of his own. "Ready?" he asked. Wait. Ready for what? 

Suddenly my face and hair was soaked in ice cold water, making me immediately sit up and swat at my hair and face. 

"What the hell, guys?" I yelled at them, wiping my face. I heard hysterical laughter behind me. I didn't have to turn around, knowing that Dusty and Drake were rolling around the floor clutching their stomachs.

I saw the empty bucket with the school's name on it as well as a janitor sign right in between Dusty and Drake on the floor. Those assholes had this all planned!

"Screw you guys!" I yelled, before grabbing my clothes and going to the bathroom. Locking the door, I hopped into the shower. At least I was the first one to shower.

My hair poofed up and was sticking out in random directions. It kept parting on my face so it wouldn't go in my eye. I huffed in anger, waiting for Drake to finish his shower. Dusty just got out. I really wanted to get back to my dorm to my lovely hair products. I couldn't go out like this.

Suddenly, Dusty crouched down in front of me. He reached up with his hand and brushed the hair out of my face. 

"Wow, you really do look like a girl," he said, standing up with a chuckle.

"Well yeah," I countered, "it's cause I am one."

Dusty pulled on a clean uniform shirt, buttoning it up as he watched me. "A cute one, too," he said, winking at me as he grabbed the uniform tie.

My cheeks burned at the comment but the blush went away as soon as Drake walked out with his towel wrapped dangerously low around his hips. I looked away and grabbed the rest of my things.

"Can I go to my room now?" I asked. Dusty looked over at Drake and told him he'd meet him at the cafeteria for breakfast and turned to walk with me to my dorm. As we walked towards my room, he suddenly looked angry.