11

Hailee's POV

After days and days of thinking, crying and ranting, I finally came up with an idea. This was gonna be risky but it's the best I can do, of course with Bruce's help.

I'd looked up my mother's location but couldn't seem to find it. It's all the way in Macau by the way, making it even harder to find, thinking about how I would get the money to even get there.

But I'd got an idea.

I knocked gently in my father's office door. "Who is it?" he asked. "Beyoncé." I joked, in my accurate Beyonce voice. "Come in!" he replied, faking his excitement as he already knew it was me with the amazing celebrity impressions.

As I entered, his eyes glued to his newspaper and his glasses on the verge of slipping off his nose, I grabbed a chair from the corner of the room, dragging it to the front of his desk. "So I was just wondering," I began. "Since, you know Christmas break is coming, and we barely go out together as a family, you know, maybe we can go somewhere?" I asked shyly.

"Yeah sure. Why not?" he replied, his eyes remaining glued to his newspaper. "Really?!" I said. "Well, yeah, if you have any suggestion on where to go." he replied, finally adjusting his glasses.

"Well, I was thinking...maybe, you know... I've always wanted to try...Macau?" I said, lowering the volume of the last word.

He froze in his chair, turning an uneasy face towards me.

"M-Macau?" he stuttered out. "Yeah." I shyly mumbled back. "What made you think of that?" he asked. "Well, I don't know. It's just so different from any other place I've been to." I lied.

"Well, if Bruce and your mother are fine with it...I am." his furrowed eyes browns finally relaxed as his lips along with his mustache stretched into a smile.

I ran to the other side of the desk to give him a hug "Thank you dad!" Did I sound too excited? Did I make my plan too obvious?

"Um...o-okay, you can let go now." he chuckled. "Sorry." I said as I let him out of my tight grip around his neck.

I rushed out the door to Bruce and I's bedroom. "It's gonna work!" I exclaimed, jumping onto our bed where he was laying with his iPad on the lower bunk. "Jeez Haiz, you don't have to jump on me." he shot me a glare, but of course there was the hint of pride I could sense behind it.

I mumbled a 'sorry' though I knew it wasn't needed for him.

"Hey, don't take it too seriously." he said, lifting the corner of his lip into a small smile. "I didn't. I'm just tryna be nice." I gently slapped his shoulder.

"But Hailee, that's great! You're gonna see your mom! Well, if not both of them." he said. "Yeah." I replied.

This plan is starting off just great.