6

"Who are you?" my heart shattered at her words. All this time I'd been waiting for Jon to wake up, for us to be happy together, now all her memory is lost. Her memories with me are gone. She had no clue I existed. The pain was unbearable.

"Um, hello? Who are you and what are you doing here?" she asked again, and I could tell she was really pissed off. The confusion seemed too much for her. "You probably don't know me...but...I'm Naomi. I know I might seem creepy, but I promise you, I'm telling the truth...I'm your girlfriend. Ive been sitting by this bed for a whole month now and I'm so happy you're awake, but please...do you have the slightest memory of me?"

I felt like I'd said a little to much for her to bear. "Um, is there a doctor around here? I haven't clue why I'm here, no clue who you are, so please just get out." she said. "Please, Jon. Just try to remember. I need you." I cried. But she wouldn't buy it. "Doctor! Anyone!" a nurse rushed in at the call of her name "Yes, how may I help you?" she asked as I there was nothing wrong, like she didn't lose her memory at all. "Um, this girl's telling me that we're dating and I don't even know her. Could you please just send her out?" "Jon please." I pleaded.

The nurse pulled me outside. "Naomi, as you can see, Jon has lost her memory, so please don't push her into remembering so much. If you want back the relationship you had before the accident, please just let her be and slowly she'll remember bits and bits of her life." she rubbed my back gently. But I didn't dare listen to her, because whatever words of comfort entered my ears, were all lies.

I returned to school after quite a few days, depressed, hopeless, confused, tear stains on my face and no clue what to do with my life. Marry was the first one in school right before me. The first thing I could think of doing was to slap her straight in the face. "What the fuck was that for?!" she as she shot up from her LS notes on her iPad. "You fucking lied to me!" I slapped her again. "You said Jon would return! You said we would be happy together once she woke up! I fucking believed you!"

I was pulled away from Marry by the back, almost ripping my sweater off. "What the hell is going on?!" Ursula screamed. "Marry lied to me!" I whined.

"No, I just said if she loved you, she would wake up, but not fall back in love with you immediately!" "Jesus Christ, you tw-" "No, don't 'Jesus Christ' me! She's fucking lying again! She said Jon loved me! She said she always would! Jon doesn't even know me!" I cried. "Then maybe she doesn't love you!" she screamed back.

I couldn't say anything afterwards. First she lies, then she tells me Jon doesn't love me. I ran to the bathroom, unable to bare the face of that bitch any longer.

~~NOT TOO LONG LAYTAIR~~

Five minutes until the first bell. I didn't dare come out of my cubical. I had no one to run to, nowhere to hide. Jon wasn't there to comfort me like she used to.

Until I heard that sick, untrustworthy voice of Marry's, echoing through the bathroom walls. "Naomi?" her fake caring voice sickened me. "What do to want?" I replied, my voice cracking due to my crying. "I'm sorry." she said.

"Don't even try. I know you already. But to be honest I don't even know whether to believe you." I suppose she was following my voice, because not too long later, she stuck her face in the gap between the cubical door and the floor.

"Naomi, I know it might not have seemed as you've planned, I know Jon's not exactly in the condition you want her to be, but no matter what, Jon does truly love you. if she didn't, then she wouldn't have woken up. She might not even know that she loves you but deep down there somewhere, I know, you know she does." she sighed at my stubbornness as she got up from her rather uncomfortable position on the floor.

"Please, the bell's gonna ring any second. You know how Mrs Yeung is with tardiness." she knocked once more on the cubical door. "I don't care, I don't wanna see your face." I replied. "If I leave and stay away from your sight forever, will you come out?" she asked. "Just get out!" I buried my face back in my arms.

I soon heard her footsteps, getting softer, and softer, meaning she was gone. I still didn't come out though. I had no energy to move, like I was paralysed. The bell rang and Indidnt know whether to assemble with everyone else or just stay and avoid contact with anyone.

But I decided to stay. I couldn't move anyway. I took out my phone, not even knowing what to do with it. I scrolled through my apps, not laying an eyes on the social media ones. I came across flappy bird and decided to play that. I know, it's lame and frustrating, but I had nothing better to do.

I tapped and tapped on my screen failing to even reach two points. Why am I even in school? Why can't I be sitting at home, cuddled up to Jon on our couch? My parents had approved of our relationship, now all I've been through was useless.

The recess bell had rung, I was hopeless with flappy bird and I basically had nothing to do with my life. I didn't care anymore about my education. I just wanted Jon.

Was that too much to ask for? Just that one and only special person that could make me the happiest person on earth? She already exists, but to her, I don't.