7

School was over, and I quickly rushed out of the toilet to the classroom, succeeding to hide from everyone else. I just grabbed my bag and rushed to the hospital, only to see Stivey, sitting comfortably by Jon's bed, and I was surprised and disappointed at the fact that the two were getting along quite well.

"Did you see that girl yesterday that stopped by my room? The short one? She's kinda cute, curly hair, high-pitched voice?" Jon asked Stivey. "Yeah, I know her." she replied. "Apparently she has a huge crush on you. We used to be best friends until...well, we realized we both had feelings for the same person." Jon gasped. "You mean...you like me too?" she asked.

The corners of Stivey's lips lifted and she nodded shyly. Jon smiled back and Stivey hesitantly took her hand, leaning forward until their lips touched. I swear to God Stivey is way too desperate for that girl.

I didn't know what to do anymore. I'd honestly prefer her being back in that coma. At least Stivey wouldn't be there destroying my life by rubbing their relationship in my face. The only thing to do at that moment was to run home where I couldn't see those two acting all affectionate.

I dumped my bag on the floor at home and locked myself up in my room, not even changing out of my uniform.

I just stayed there for the rest of the night, curled up in a ball, crying my eyes out. I had nothing more to do with my life. Until something came to mind. That deep, pleasing voice whispering into my ear

Close your eyes lay your head down

Now it's time to sleep

May you find great adventure

As you lie and dream

If you're scared of the darkness

I will cam your fear

There's a light in the hallway

So you know I'm here

Just left me thinking of when Jon used to be mine. When she used to hold me close to her as I cuddled up to her. She would sing this quietly to me. It would always put me to sleep and sooth me when I wasn't at ease.

I then remembered I had this in my iPod. I quickly plugged my earphones in and played the song.

You won't need me forever

But I'll still be here

For we all have our nightmares

Even me my dear

From now on if you need me

You can sing this song

There's a light in the hallway

Burning all night long

Avi's voice sounded so much like Jon's, it's just that Jon had something special in her voice. She doesn't even sing as well as he does, I found it special. In the best way possible. It was unique, the way she sang. The emotion she put into her voice when she sang it to me. It brought back so many memories of us...all the memories that she had lost.

So count your blessings every day

It makes the monsters go away

And everything will be okay

You are not alone

You are right at home

Goodnight

And with that, I passed out into a deep sleep.

Jon's POV

I'm still confused. I've fallen in love with someone, but someone else who I might have totally different however about the same feelings for is insisting that she's the one. I didn't even know I was already out as a lesbian. But everyone seems to know about it, so at least I didn't have to go through all that pressure, however, rather another type of pressure.

I've been advised to rest my brain, but everyone's just stressing me with things that I don't even know. I know I love Stivey, she's clearly a sweet beautiful girl with a great personality. But something about that Naomi girl is making me change my mind.

But I'm not going to break Stivey's heart. Besides, I know her a lot better than Naomi.

"How's your memory?" Stivey said as she walked into the room with a smile. "Well, still not quite sure. I can't tell whether everything that's going on is real or not." I replied, scratching the back of my head. "I guess you just can't believe that you have such an amazing girlfriend at you back." she smirked. "Shut up." I chuckled and playfully slapped her arm.

"Anyways, I bought you coffee. Your favourite." she said, handing me a plastic cup of Starbucks. "I like coffee?" I asked, as I hesitantly took the coffee in my hand, taking a small sip of the surprisingly tasty drink. "Your face lightened up, so I guess that's a yes. And one memory brought back."

I might've been hallucinating but I somehow felt something else behing that sweet smile of hers. I'm hoping it's nothing.