; 11 + i'm okay

pls comment (-: comments make me more excited to update for you guys and give me ideas on what you want to see !!!

TW: talk of rape and parental abuse
________________

"finally, she went down." calum sighs out, plopping onto his couch, but not before he grabs another slice of pizza, after putting arabella to bed.

"is she always a struggle?" michael timidly asks, after swallowing his last bite of pizza crust.

"honestly, no. i think it's just because you're here, and she adores you." calum tells him, giving michael a small smile, when michael smiles at him.

"really? this is literally my goal in life accomplished. kids fucking hate me." michael laughs out, his cheeks a light pink, but not as light compared to his fading pink hair.

"your hair is pretty." calum blurts out, his eyes widening when realizing what came out of his mouth.

"fuck, i'm sorry, it just came out, why do i always screw up!" calum frustratedly says, rubbing both his hands over his face.

"calum, chill. i like it when people compliment me." michael says, not realizing how self-centered it sounded, alerting calum.

"uhm, okay." calum awkwardly says, clearing his throat, licking his lips, disliking the conceited remark from michael.

calum just shrugs it off, not wanting to think anything more of it, before turning to michael. "i guess now that you're here, tell me about yourself."

michael's eyes widen slightly before turning to calum. "uhm what?"

"tell me about yourself." calum says again, looking at michael with big brown eyes. calum sees michael hesitate, opening his mouth then closing it, right after. "you don't have to, if you don't want to."

"n-no, it's okay, it only makes sense if you've told me about the roughest times in your life with arabella and all." michael says, toying with his fingers, his green eyes looking everywhere but calum. "okay, okay. i'm okay." michael shakily mumbles.

"uhm growing up, it was hard, but easy, you know? like i grew up happy, i grew up like every little kid is supposed to. the hard part was being an only child. i had no one. my parents always worked and i was always so alone.

"i dressed in guy clothes up to when i was thirteen. when my dad first caught me in girl clothes, he hit me, yelled at me that i wasn't a girl, that i was a man. my mom just stood there and fucking watched, while her husband beat her flesh and blood to a bloody pulp. i was stronger than whatever my dad did to me, whatever he told me. i had officially started my what my dad would call "phase" in dressing in girl clothes when i was fifteen, that's when i learned to express myself and love myself, and i knew who i was. no matter how happy i was, someone was always there to ruin it."

that's when michael lost it, he started to full on sob, calum feeling a tug at his heart seeing someone as strong as michael just break down and cry.

"ohmygod." michael cries out, placing his hands on his face, muffling his cries, making calum hurt for the older boy. "this is the hardest part of whatever the fuck is coming out of my mouth." michael says, rubbing both hands over his face.

"you don't have to con-"

"i have to." michael says, looking at calum with blood shot eyes, calum seeing that his green eyes, are the greenest he's ever seen them be.