8 | is it bomb proof

8 | IS IT BOMB PROOF

"I'm not following Captain America to my death bed! But, that little guy from Brooklyn, who was helluva dumb son of a bitch that didn't run away from a fight, is who I'm following."

        "But, you have to keep the uniform." Amelia playfully smiled. Amelia wanted to completely ignore what Howard had told her yesterday, and she did. Steve had gathered all of his men in a pub to discuss who would join his team or not. They all ended up wanting to go, as long as Steve paid for their drinks that night.

        "You know what, it's kind of growing on me too." Bucky added, looking back at the old Captain America show poster.

         "So, Amelia," Bucky tried to flirt with Amelia. But, she never liked men that wanted to flirt with women all the time, they were a waste of space and oxygen and only now was Amelia lightening up to the idea of dating.

         "Bucky, all I want is to have a drink with friends. Can you not?" Amelia groaned, but Bucky continued to bother Amelia from time to time with his acts. The bar had been howling with laughter, singing and just plain manly commotion, but it soon stopped as soon as Peggy entered in the bar.

       "Excuse me gentlemen, I'm looking for Steve?" Peggy's soft voice asked. Peggy was dressing in a fiery red dress with bold red pumps, making a very loud fashion statement was an understatement for Peggy.

       Steve's head shot over to Peggy and Amelia took another sip of her beer before smiling at her friend.

        "I see your top squad is preparing for duty." Amelia teased.

        "This is how they prep? It's very unorthodox." Peggy raised her brow.

        Steve and Bucky walk over to Peggy like she was a new toy in still in its plastic container. "Ma'am," Bucky said.

         "Agent Carter," Steve greeted at the same time. Peggy looked at Amelia questionably until she realized.

        "Oh, fuck, I forgot!" Amelia cursed.

        "I knew you would be here with him." Peggy laughed lightly.

         "Sorry guys, but I have to go!" Amelia snatched up her jacket and threw down a ten dollar bill for her drink.

        "Where?"

        "Dancing! What are we waiting for, Peggy? Let's go, I still have to get my dress on." Amelia beamed, it was her favorite thing to do.

        Peggy and Steve glance at each other quickly. "The right partner." Peggy said underneath her breath.

         "Okay...?" Amelia tapped her foot impatiently.

        "Let's go." Peggy nodded.

        "Bye, Amelia!" Bucky called after her. Amelia turned around quickly, "I'll give you an A for effort!" She called back, jokingly.

* * *

          The next day, Steve had been called by Howard to make his way to the weapons room. He looked around to find anyone to help him locate Mr. Stark. Once he found a small blonde, he asked her kindly, "Excuse me, I'm looking for Mr. Stark?"

          "He's in with Colonel Phillips." She muttered. The girl must've hated her job, she didn't even look up from the newspaper. But, when she did, her eyes lit up with a hungry fire.