"Hey, Ray. Were you trying to run away too? Because you don't have anything with you either."

     "Oh, aha, no. I was out for my morning run before it gets to hot."

     "Well look at you warrior in training," I grabbed his arm and gave it a squeeze.

     That's how the walk to his house was, a little innocent flirting mixed with talking. I didn't ask about him or his life, instead I talked to get information about the new king. 

     The summer king back on my front porch, his name is Slator. When he lost the invasion his brother, Elis, took the throne. I already new this but what I didn't know was that it's apparently temporary because they plan to some day save him, but it's been 100 years and there has never been an attack towards the winter court. Also only the royals are able to have the connection to the earth to have its power, and even then only a few royals are able to wield the powers of the land: winter is ice, summer is fire, spring is plants, and autumn is wind. And usually the oldest is the most powerful- ergo why I want to kill my mother- but the substitute King Elis isn't the most powerful, if his brother was truly dead then he would have gained the power he had, but he didn't. This is why the nation still has hope to retrieve their king from my mothers grasp.
And I learned that Ray was all up for signing up to be a warrior if the Summer court truly did declare war on Winter.

     "Okay, say Summer even gets past the Winter border, the courts knights, and gates, and survive the harshness of winter itself, how are you going to take on the Queen and Princess yourself?" I asked him.

     "Easy, it's about battle strategy my little star-"

     "Ew, don't call me that," I said. He pretended not to hear me.

     "Once we invade, I picture myself going into the castle and not going after the Ice Queen but her daughter. Apparently the Queen got stronger once she was born so, you see my little star, take out the Princess and the Queen will be weaker. Yes she'll still be strong but we'll need to act quick. Once I kill the Princess, King Elis has a few seconds to kill the Queen."

     I was speechless. I didn't think someone would use me as casualty, I'm not the wicked one, my mother is. I mean sure I'm not perfect, but I'm not her.

     "But the Princess is innocent right? I mean why kill her?" I asked.  

     "Psh, please my little star, why do women always see the good in bad people? I mean innocent?  Her mother is the Ice Queen, what do you think she teaches her? How to be nice? No."

     "Okay, well what about King Slator? He'll still be frozen and killing the only two people who control ice isn't going to reverse it that easy," I told him.

     "How would we know without giving it a chance though?"

     "Are you really willing to risk that chance though? Be smart about this Ray, you don't seem stupid."

      Ray stayed quiet for a while, thinking over what I just said.

     "Yeah, I see your point. I have to work out the flaws of my daydream for revenge plans."

     We were in a village now, making a left here and a right there. It was now late morning and this was when the heat started to rise, I saw Rays skin begin to glisten with sweat but the sun didn't bother me. Especially not now when I felt so oddly cold inside, just hearing that someone wanted to kill me just because I was the Ice Queens daughter kind of hurt. I mean it's not my fault I was born. I'm trying to kill the Ice Queen too! There's no need to kill me.

     But... wait, I could use this to my advantage, somehow. I'm going to need people, lots of bodies on my side who have the same enemy, I could ask for the substitute kings help to end my mother - which will be helping me and him. That's if I even get close to him. And that's if he doesn't kill me right then and there on Summer grounds where I don't have my powers to save myself. I'll have to think this one through very very carefully. 

     Ray broke my trance of concentration, "I like talking politics with you my little star."

    "Yeah, yeah. Me too, gets the brain thinking you know?" I said, "so are we close to your house?"

     "Just a few more steps, why are you getting tired?" He teased,"because I can carry you the rest of the way my little star."

     "No thanks, I only let real men carry me."

    "Ouch, my heart. Put that sass away my little star because this is my home, so please respect it. Plus my sister's there and she can be a bit of a grouch."

     His house was slightly bigger than the ones around him. And this village was definitely richer than the one closest to the border. There homes were made out of wood and other simple things while Rays village has houses made of stone. 

     He opened the door and walked causally in, I don't know why but I stopped outside. Just taking in my surroundings and maybe second guessing if I should go inside the house of the guy who daydreams of killing me. Speaking of which, Ray came back to the door.

     "Are you coming in Nova?" He asked, "or do I need to make announcements for arrival into my home?"

     "Oh no, please don't. It's annoying," I told him, while I also pushed him inside. And then I closed the door behind me.