Chapter 5

Crawfords POV
I went into my room with my piece of cake. I slammed the door and put my cake on my desk. I walked over to my bookshelf and picked up the picture of Katie and I that we took when we first met. I threw it so hard on the wall it smashed right as Katie opened the door. She didn't say anything but slowly picked up the frame and the glass fell everywhere. She looked up at me. "I'm sorry. I didn't know you were following me." I said. "Crawford what the hell is wrong with you?" She asked. "I'm sorry. I just. I can't tell you." I said. "Alright well I'm not sleeping here tonight." She started over to the bed and started gathering her stuff. She sloppily threw it into her suit case and started to leave. "No wait. Where are you going." I asked her. "I'm going to talk to Chris. I'll figure something out. When you want to tell me when is going on come find me." She said. And with that she left. I broke down. I fell onto the floor and started to cry. I lost her. Chris got her. And now she hates me. I messed up so much in less than a day. I got up and went into my bathroom turned on the water and sat in the shower. And cried.

Katie's POV
I took my suit case and the broken picture frame and went to find Chris. He walked into the kitchen laughing with Brent. He saw me and dropped his cake and rushed over to me. As soon as he wrapped his arms around me I burst into tears. Brent walked over and grabbed the frame and saw the picture. "Hey, hey it's ok. What happened." Chris said. He looked at Brent and saw the picture. "I went to find out what was wrong. And as I was opening the door he threw the picture at the wall next to the door. It shattered. He tried to apologize but when I asked him what was wrong he snapped and said he couldn't tell me. I told him I wasn't staying in his room until he came to his senses." I said. Chris took my face in his hands and willed my tears. "I'm going to talk to him." Brent said. "You can stay in my room." Chris said "on the air mattress or your couch?" I asked. "No. In my bed." He said. He continued to hug me in silence.

Brent's POV
"What the heck is wrong with you Crawford!" I said the second I opened his door. He wasn't in his room. I heard his shower running. I knocked on his door but didn't hear anything. I covered my eyes with my hand and slowly opened the door. "Crawford?" I asked slowly. I heard crying over the water and slowly dropped my hand. There he sat in the shower fully dressed. I reached out and felt how cold the water was. "Oh my god." I reached in and turned of the water, grabbed a towel and helped him stand up. I left him for a second and went into his room and grabbed him some fresh clothes. I handed them to him and waited in his room for him to get changed. When he came out he sat down next to me on the bed.

"Crawf what's going on?" I asked. "I was going to tell her. I tried to tell her how I felt. I like her so much Brent. But Chris got her first. And now I flipped out on her and she hates me. I lost her completely." He said. "Alright listen. She doesn't hate you. You have two options. Either you tell her how you feel and t stay friends with her, or you let her think what ever she's thinking and she is mad at you. I understand Chris asked her out first. But you can be happy for her or you can hate her. It's up to you. But if you talk to her she will understand." He looked at me and then nodded. I stood up to leave and he slowly followed. When we got into the kitchen he slowly walked over to Katie. She looked over to me worried and I nodded letting her know it's alright. "Katie can we talk?" He asked. His voice was so hoarse. She nodded. They walked outside and shut the sliding door. I looked at Chris and shrugged my shoulders.

Crawford's POV
"Katie I'm sorry I flipped out. Please let me explain." I said. She looked at me and waited for me to explain. I took a breath and started to speak "I wanted to tell you this before dinner, I like you. I've always liked you. But I know how you felt about Chris and I backed off. But please don't worry. I'm not going to try and break you two up or get in between you. I'm happy for you. Please forgive me and be my best friend again." I said. She sighed and walked over to me and hugged me. "It's ok Crawford. Just don't ever do it again." She said. I placed my head on her shoulder and whispered "I love you." "I love you to Crawf. You're always going to be my best friend. Don't forget that. I'm always going to be here with you." She said. We broke the hug and went back inside.

She smiled over to Brent and then walked to Chris. "Does this mean you're going back into his room?" He asked. She slowly turned to me and her eyes looked like she was asking me if it's alright if she doesn't stay with me. I nodded and she turned back to Chris. She kissed him and said "I'm staying with you." He smiled and they walked away. I looked up at Brent and he smiled and nodded and followed them. I followed them also and we all started to brain storm ideas for videos we were going to record tomorrow.