Chapter 4

"Class, please welcome your new student Parker Scott"

Parker Scott.

With his smoldering smile and pure blue eyes, you could say I was hooked.

He easily stood at 6'1 and I would be a dwarf if I were to stand next to him.

I stared at him dazed until and watched as he scanned the room, until his eyes fixed on mine.

I felt a shiver of unknown origins run through me and caused me to quake in my boots.

I didn't know how to escape this situation, do I look away as though it was a fleeting glance?

No. That would be rude.

But if I continue to stare at him it just makes this more awkward.

"Parker here has just transferred from Los Angeles and we're excited to have him here, so make him feel at home" Mr Cartwright finished, shushing his glasses on the bridge of his nose.

Parker's eyes were still trained on me and mine on his, but I couldn't help the little wander of my eyes down his body.

I could clearly see the muscle through his place grey shirt, and his dark blue jeans just weren't tight enough.

And now I feel like a perv.

"Parker, take a seat and we will begin the lesson"

Parker seemed to casually adjust his jacket that was clutched in his hands, nodding towards the teacher before moving toward the rows of seats.

I expected him to sit next to Samantha and her barbie-fied clan, yet I was left speechless as his audio less footsteps trotted over towards the empty seat that was right beside me.

I bit my tongue to prevent saying anything stupid before a conversation had even entered the agenda.

Parker, proceeded to calmly sit down next to me and pull out a pen and paper to take notes, once Mr Cartwright was satisfied with were he was, he began to lesson.

"I'm not gonna bite y'know"

I pulled a face at the sudden intrusion of a quiet, significantly deep voice.

I turned slightly to my left to notice Parker was staring straight at me, no expression present of his subtly stubbled face.

I gulped harshly before actually processing what he said.

"I-" I began but he smiled and I suddenly lost my train of thought.

He grinned and leaned a little closer, "I'm Parker, Parker Scott" he introduced, etendding his hand towards me.

I smiled a small smile, and nodded my head, "Yeah, I know"

He chuckles quietly, trying not to disrupt the teacher, "I'm just making sure you remember"

Smooth.

"You have beautiful eyes by the way Violet" he commented.

Wait...did he just call me Violet?

I frowned and turned to him accusingly, "how do you know my name? I never told you"

He noticed my expression and the atmosphere of a playful conversation had immediately changed.

"Hey, hey, look I just read it off your book bag" he pointed to the worn name tag on my book bag and I realized my mistake.

I bit my lip and looked at him apologetically.

"Ooh..I-I'm sorry, I'm just a little paranoid" I explained, but to my it wasn't good enough.

He glanced up at me and a smile crossed his face, " I like the mysterious ones..."

"Ooh? So I'm not the only one? I felt special for a second" I returned his playful charm and surprised myself in the meantime.

He shook his head and smirked, "no, not at all, most of them are lonely and confused, but you, you seem more conflicted"

"Wow, you know how to make a girl feel good don't you? You must have the girls swarming"

"Haha, yeah but none of them have ever had eyes as beautiful as yours"

I blushed heavily, I've just met this guy and he was making me blush.

"And I don't honk I've ever met anyone who managed to spell the word hilarious quite like that" he finished.

I frowned and he gestured to my note pad, I glanced down to see that in my part of the conversation I had absentminded wrote Parker in messy handwriting.

Did he just refer to himself as hilarious?

I gasped and quickly shoved my book away from sight, feeling my cheek beat with embarrassment.

Parker seemed to be enjoying himself, for a new student, his confidence was remarkable and somewhat admirable.

Parker must have reveled in my discomfort because he retracted his joke and explained.

"I'm sorry I'm being an ass, it usually happens when I'm nervous"

I nodded in understanding, but gazed back up at him.

"It's okay"

"Me Scott!" Mr Cartwright interrupted, banging his fist down hard on the wooden desk as he discarded the half drawn diagram on the bored.

I jumped but Parker remained eerily calm.

"Yes?" He answered mockingly.

Mr Cartwright's expression changed from slight annoyance to pure rage.

"Just my luck! To get the new student with a promising future to be a total ass!" He shouts powerfully.

Parker rolls his gorgeous blue eyes and shrugs his shoulders.

I don't miss the twister glare shot at me from the girls at the front.

"Roll your eyes again Scott and you'll be out of this school faster then you can say evolution!" Mr Cartwright promised.

"That's all right sir, always been more of a christian myself" Parker replied.

Oh shit.

I could hear the sound of Mr Cartwright's patience breaking.

Parker whispered a goodbye to me even before sir had demanded he leave the class.

"Scott! Get your smart ass to the principles office!"

Parker stood at the door and gave a mock salute to the teacher, then looked directly at me and winked teasingly.

Parker Scott...

Was all that was on my mind throughout the lesson, even after his presence had long left me.

It was because of this distraction, I failed to notice the hateful eyes watching the scene unfold.