Chapter 26- Sore Attacks

Depuis le début

"You do that," I smirked and shook my head.

His lips pressed against mine and I couldn't help but wrap my legs around his waist. I felt Gideon smirk more into the kiss and then pull away gently.

"Not now, my love," his voice was soft as he moved my legs out from around him.

I felt his lips touch mine once more and then he lifted himself out of the hot tub, his arm muscles showing.

Those muscles that had me choking last night.

I giggled to my thoughts and then moved to my breakfast.

~~~

"Shut-up," I growled at the laptop, blushing.

"Hmm," Mitchell rubbed his chin on the screen. "Yep, I approve."

"We aren't a thing," I grumbled. "Gideon has treated me nicely while we've been here, but not in that way." Except for last night. "Besides, I'm not able to do that with my healing side."

"Uh-huh," Mitchell didn't seem convinced.

"Let the lad think what he wants," Gideon spoke from the kitchen behind me. "He's wrong either way."

"We have new information on the att-"

Mitchell covered the screen suddenly and pressed mute. I moved to try and see past him, but couldn't because it was on a screen. I felt tension rise in the room around me.

"Mitchell?" I demanded, leaning forwards.

"Sorry about that," Mitchell opened the screen back up.

"What was that man talking about?" I questioned sharply.

"Nothing," Mitchell looked like he gazed at Gideon.

"Nothing?" I demanded. "What attacks was that man talking about?"

"There haven't been any attacks," Mitchell was a terrible liar.

"Oh my God," I stood up, the screen tilting with my movement. "You've been attacking Irons this whole time haven't you?"

"No, Keona," Mitchell started, but I stopped him.

"You knew about this and didn't tell me?" I faced Gideon.

"Yes," Gideon didn't lie this time.

"Keona it was for your own safety!" Mitchell argued from behind me.

"I can't believe you'd keep this from me," I turned to the laptop. "Some best friend you are."

Mitchell's face went pale as I said such harsh words. Slamming the laptop shut, I let out a loud groan. Gideon was silent.

"You thought you'd protect me by keeping this from me, by creating a distraction?" I demanded, facing and walking towards Gideon.

"Not exactly," Gideon started.

"You put everyone else in danger!" I shouted. "Those attacks will draw Irons right to them. Do you have any idea of how much power he has? He'll destroy them!"

"That won't happen K-"

"I want to go home," I stomped my foot. "NOW!"

"It's not safe," Gideon commented, throwing my emotions over the edge.

"Not safe?" I cried out. "Irons won't attack them if I'm there. Why? Because he cares about me! I'll be protecting them, Gideon!"

"You won't be able to do anything anyways," Gideon motioned to my side.