I thought so too.

Oh shut up, you don't have any proof.

I won't need any soon enough.

Realizing that I spaced out on Penelope, I quickly tuned in and tried to catch the last few words she said and made an attempt to figure out the whole question.

"..taken?" She must mean the seat. I looked at her and then looked at the bag-occupied seat beside me.

Should I, should I not? Should I? Should I not? So many choices, so little time.

Finally, my interrogative side got the best of me and I grumbled as I set my bag under my table, letting her drag the chair and plop down on it with what I think is a relieved sigh.

I let my conscience win over and let my blunt and straightforward side bubble to the surface as I turned towards her.

"Why do you want to sit here?" Okay, that wasn't the question I was going to ask but it's a start. No? Okay, I think I might need a psychiatrist. I'm turning into a wimp.

She looked nervous and I had my conscience up my ass in an instant.

She's hiding something, I know she is! What the hell are you waiting for, human?! Kick her fucking ass!

I shushed my conscience and looked at her expectantly. Come on girl, I don't have all day, my head's about to burst from all these shits my conscience is feeding me man.

"Well, I thought we could talk things out. I mean come on, Case, this has been going for far too long, don't you think it's about time we patch things up and become friends again?" She had a hopeful look on her face that I almost felt bad for turning her offer down.

"I'm sorry, Pen. I don't make friends with someone who's loyalty is questionable. It's the first thing you need to have when you want to be friends with me; loyalty. Why do you keep on trying to fix things up with me anyway? I mean you saw what happened that night with those guys-" She cut me off before I could finish that sentence and her response stunned me into silence.

"Exactly! That's the thing! You saved me that night, I owe you my life, Case. I wouldn't be here if it weren't for you. God knows what could've happened if you weren't there to give me a head start and risk your life." She looked so grateful, the glint in her eyes proving just how much she admired my action that night and I felt a chunk of my heart being chipped off.

But I caused that night to happen in the first place. I was responsible for what happened the second I agreed to come to the party with you. If only you knew, Pen. If only, you would hate me. You wouldn't even be able to see me in the same way ever again.

I looked away, the guilt flooding my senses. I felt so ashamed of myself that I almost forgot about the slight suspicion I have against her.

After listening to what she had to say and the fact that she thought I saved her from something that I could've prevented by staying away from her is just overwhelming.

My emotions threatened to break their barriers and swallow my being. I squeezed my eyes shut to prevent any emotions from being shown.

"Did you or did you not tell Sonia that I could fight?" I was finally able to look into her eyes and she met my gaze with a disbelief look plastered on her face.

"What?" She asked in a bewildered tone and I angled my body to face her, ready to spell out the question letter by letter when the teacher entered the class and greeted us, forcing me to look towards the board begrudgingly.

Guess I have to wait for another hour then.

-*-*-*

By the time that the bell rang, I grabbed Penelope by the elbow after slinging my bag on and getting out of the seats.

She gave out a yelp but staggered forward, following me out the class and out to the crowded hallways. When I finally found a deserted corner, away from all the ruckus, I stopped short and turned to face her all the while releasing her arm.

"Did you tell Sonia that I could fight?" I asked her in a soft voice, trying not to let anyone hear and yet trying to top all the noise to get the question through to Penelope.

She gave me a look of pure astonishment.

"You actually think that I'm capable of such thing?" I gave her a pointed look and caused her to groan loudly in annoyance.

"Would you let it go, already?"

The fact that you're a two timing bitch? Hmm.. Let's see.. Nope.

The deadpan look I threw her way was enough to leave her frustrated and exasperated with my ignorant act. Okay, I admit I'm probably being unbelievably childish here but I hold grudges, alright?

"Would it kill you to just forget about that small tiny fact already?"

Nah. But I'm not exactly feeling like forgetting so..

All it took her was a single look to know that she's lost this one.

"Just answer the question, already!" I threw my hands up in the midst of my aggravation with her rhetorical silly questions.

"No, Case. I didn't tell anyone. Happy? I did it once. People change you know," she snapped and I knew she had more to say than that and was trying to hold back.

I gave her a stiff nod, not wanting to indulge in any of her games anymore. I was already turning my back towards her and was about to walk away when her hand shot out and latched onto my elbow.

Seems like the tides have turned.

I stared at her hand and when it was obvious she wasn't going to let go anytime soon, I looked up and met her sorrowful eyes with my icy ones.

"Why? Why wouldn't you just let go? It happened once. I two timed you once. Others could've done it twice, it could've been worse." She asked, her voice cracking as tears started to surface.

I kept my facade and kept my tone even while staring at her, my stance unwavering.

"Because I've been hurt one too many times. And don't you dare say that it could've been worse. It may have happened once in your eyes but I've been betrayed far too many times to be stupid enough to actually offer yet another knife to someone who's stabbed me before. Not even a blind man would fall into the same hole twice."

With that, I wrenched my arm away from her and stalked to my next class, the same question still circling my head.

Then who tipped Sonia?

~•~•~

Yo brothaaasss~

I finished my finals! Yay! So holidays are coming up and hopefully I can give you guys a christmas bonus 🤓 how bout that?

Hope you like the chapter, sorry if the last one's short. I'll try to make it up to you guys (:

Anyways, Love y'all and stay awesome.

God bless -J