Maya #1

I have to stay after school for detention so I walk into Mr. Matthews room and take a seat in my usual spot. I hope Riley's gonna be okay, being alone. I know she has problems with that.
My thoughts then quickly shift to myself. What's going to happen when I come home at 5 instead of 3. My stepdads going to kill me. Literally.
My mom has been dead for about a year now. But my stepdad, who she married about a year before she died, still lives in the building and takes care of me. He doesn't take good care of me though.
Since my mom died I've been going through a really bad state of depression. And he doesn't help. He is abusive and has been since he's started drinking. It's been almost a year, around when my mother died.
I get let out and take the bus home, it's faster then the train at this time of the day. I get home at about... 4:40 maybe?
I walk into my opened apartment to see him drinking a can of beer as 6 other empty ones lay on the floor near the couch where he's sitting. "M-Maya" he slurs standing up. "Y-ye-yeah?" I say stuttering nervously. "Why are you late?!" He says raising his voice. "Your mother didn't raise a failure! I didn't choose to raise someone as stupid as you! I should've left you! Just like your real father! All I do is worry about you! Why can't you just do what I ask!!" He says yelling, slurring and tripping while walking over to me as I fall back into the wall. "I-i. I had detention." I say scared.
"What a worthless brat!!" He screams at me while he punch's me in the face. "What did you do this time!!" He yells again as he kicks me taking me to the floor. "You know what??!! I don't care!! Go to your room! Why can't you be good and normal!!" He says while kicking me and pulling me up off the ground. He drags me to my room and shuts me inside.
I cry. Why doesn't anyone love me? Why can't I be what the people at school see? Why can't I be happy?
I walk over to my drawer and pull out a box. I haven't opened this in a while. I pull out a blade and cut my arm. I cut over my old scars and cry. The pain feels good. I needed it.
But I can't do this. I have friends, who I think care about me. I don't know.
I sit in my bed and cry. I look at my clock, 9:00 pm. I walk out of my room and my stepdad is passed out on the couch.
I grab my school bag and I pack a small bag of clothes. I write a small note stating I'm leaving for him and put it on the table.
I go to Riley's and when I get there it's about 10.
I knock on her window to see her laying on her bed. She comes and opens it for me and I cry into her shoulder.
She lets me. "Thank you." I say as I fall asleep on my best friend.
//
Depressing chapter but hopefully it leads to something better.
I'll update maybe next weekend or whenever.
Idk.
But yeah.
Talk to you all later!!