Ch. 5 Prince Seto, Her Brother

(A/N From now on Dill's name is Tia. Or Lady Tia. Same thing.)

*3rd Person P.O.V*

"Seto? Are you sure going to see mom and dad, is a good idea?" Tia asked her brother.

"Yes, you've had a few months to get used to life as royalty. You'll be fine. And mom is really worried about me. I normally send letters to her-in secret, of course-and I've been spending most of my time catching up with you." Seto explained to the slightly shorter blonde.

"True... Alright. But, I think we should be creative with this. I have thought a lot on this. We should invite them to a Ball. Then tell them in public so that they can't try to...I don't know, kill us?"

Seto nodded, "Sounds good. We should go propose the idea to King Ty. It is his palace after all."

Tia smiled and squealed, "Yes! Thank you, Seto!"

"Hey, Ty hasn't agreed to it yet. Don't get your hopes up." Seto told her and as they were about to leave the room they now shared, a tiara caught Tia's eye.

The tiara sat on a pile of books on the very top of Seto's bookshelf. She stopped and stared at it curiously.

Seto noticed her distraction and followed where her eyes looked.

He gulped as he saw the tiara. He sighed heavily and cast a spell which made it float gently down to him. He handed it to her, "Sorry. I shouldn't have hidden it from you. I didn't want you to be all-knowing just yet."

"...That's right, it can answer any of my questions!" Tia smiled in delight.

"Come, we should go talk to Ty."

"Unknown to them, a dark shadow, an assassin, was watching their every move." (A/N that isn't a thought, that is a narrator because it has quotations around it.)

~

"Prince Seto, Lady Tia, an archer has requested an audience with his highness." A maid informed the siblings.

"Thank you. Dismissed." Seto stood and stretched.

Tia stood as well, "May I come with you?"

"Tia...That shouldn't even be a question. Of course you can."

The siblings walked out of their shared room and into the halls. Lady Tia-as she was called so that she wouldn't draw any unwanted attention- saw King Ty, King Jason and King Sky. Lady Tia must have stared for to long because King Sky looked up and waved Prince Seto over. She wasn't going to follow him, but he grabbed her wrist and led her over. Although Ty had promised her he would introduce her to all three kings, King Sky had been very busy dealing with a small squid invasion in a few country towns.

"Hey Seto, how have you been?" King Sky asked.

"I've been great. How about you."

"I've been good. Who's this?" The king motions toward Tia.

"This is Tia, Princess Tia Dill Lory, my sister." Seto told him quietly not wishing to be overheard in the busy hallways.

"Princess Tia. Of course. A pleasure to see you again." He said giving a respectful bow.

She curtsied back and King Ty took her hand then led her away from the small group who decided to chat about politics. A boring subject according to her.

"Lady Tia? As you know, the Ball you requested just two weeks ago is set for tonight. Do you have a partner?" King Ty asked.

"No, do you have one?" She asked.

"No, as a king it would ruin my image to bring someone who I am not married to. You probably thought I was going to ask you to be my partner. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have approached the subject so carelessly." He looked away and Tia could have sworn she saw a tear rolling down his face, "I mean I can dance with girls but I can't proclaim them as my, 'date.' I really shouldn't have started talking."

Tia turned to him and stopped. He stopped as well.

"...I'm so sorry..."

"King Ty, if it would hurt your reputation as a king then, surely it would hurt mine as princess. Therefore, you have no need to apologize. What you're saying makes sense. I would question you had I not known what Korra and Jason's relationship status is." Lady Tia told him

"Yes, I am surprised that they started dating. Just a few months ago too. You came here six months ago and four months ago Jason and Korra declared themselves boyfriend and girlfriend." King Ty said thoughtfully.

"Yes, time passes quite quickly..."

The two turned away from the window and continued their leisurely stroll about the palace.

~

"Triston, are you making any progress?" A pale skinned man who wore a mask asked the assassin, Triston.

"Sir, I have not yet. But, as you said before; to find an opening to get to the blonde, you must have endless patience. I hope you take this into consideration, sir." The one whose name was Triston told the pale man.

"Yes, good call not using your target's name. Although it is only us here, there may be an unwanted pair of ears." The pale man praised him, "Right now, Ravens is in your way. Being an assassin herself she'll recognize your disguise a mile away."

"Of course, Sir." Triston answered him, bowed and jumped out a nearby window and flying away.

"The boy us an idiot to trust me. It was not the blonde who destroyed his village. Some, 'revenge' he will have." The pale man broke down into evil laughter.

~

"Alex! How are you?" Seto asked the male fox hybrid.

"Seto, I am doing well, how about you?" Alex responded after bowing.

"I don't think you'll believe me if I told you..." Seto sighed and leaned against a wall looking over his old friend.

Alex was indeed a fox hybrid, and therefore he had crimson red fix ears protruding from his matching crimson hair. His blue eyes didn't quite march the intensity or depth of Jason's, but were very close. His pale skin was sprinkled in freckles. He always wore something comfortable when he went hunting. This time was no different, he wore a plain gray shirt and dark blue jeans.

"How have my sisters been?" Alex asked his friend.

"Natalie and Annie are perfectly fine. However, I have a warning for you. There is another fox hybrid in the castle and a ball tonight. I suggest you talk to her, she is the only available partner."

Alex sighed, "A new fox hybrid? I wonder how this will go..."