Part 6

We kissed for, I don't know how long. But even after we pulled away, I can still feel his lips on mine.

"Maya Penelope Hart." Before he could say another word, I pinched his arm. I hate my middle name. He smiled at me and continued.

"I love you." He said to me with his hand on my cheek. "You called me names, you teased me. You annoy me all the time. And not once I ever thought of leaving you. And I never will. No matter what. And if you ever run away from me. I'd chase you. Now, I know you won't run that far and I also know that I can outrun you. My legs are way longer than yours." We're having serious talk, and he's still able to slipped in some words to tease me. I love that about him.

"Are you saying that I'm short?" I put on my angry face.

"Hey, I love that my girlfriend is shorter than I am. Makes it easier for me to keep my eyes on you. I always feel at ease when you're at my range of view."

"Slow down there, Hopalong. I don't remember being asked to be anybody's girlfriend." I teased him back. He laughed for a few seconds. And then he grabbed my hands.

"Maya."

"Yeah, Huckleberry?"

"Would you give me the honor to become your.."

"Cowboy? I'm sorry, but we don't have horses here, Bucky." I cut before he finished asking. And we smiled at each other.

"Actually I was gonna say your boyfriend." I put my hand on his shoulder and I kissed him.

"Is that a yes?" I smiled and I kissed him again.

"Okay. I'm just gonna take it as a yes." He smiled and we kissed again. Suddenly I remembered something and I pulled away.

"Oh no. I'm supposed to be at Riley's. My mom's taking an extra shift tonight. I promised Riley I'd go to her place for dinner." He looked uneasy.

"You can have dinner here. My mom's still in Texas."

"But I already promised Riley. Why don't you come with me?"

"Okay." He followed me to the door.