Part 4

I walked in to Topanga's and I saw Josh sitting on the couch. I sat next to him.

"Sorry I'm late."

"Nah, you want something?" He smiled. I used to act crazy around him. Now he just seems like some guy that I know.

"No. So, what'd you want to talk about?"

"Oh, that.. um.. Look, Maya, we've known each other quite a long time. And I always see you as a kid. But, the last time I saw you. I noticed that you're not a kid anymore."

"Yeah, I know. You already told me that." I remember I was sitting on the bay window when he told me that. I was very happy when he said it.

"Right. So, I was wondering if, maybe you'd want to go out with me?"

I can't believe what I just heard. I wanted to say something but my brain feels numb.

"Maya?" Josh grabbed my hand. Took me a second to pulled my hand away.

"Josh, are you okay?" I looked into his eyes. My heart stopped for a second there.

"Yeah. Why would you.."

"If you're okay why'd you ask me out?" I liked him for a very long time. And he didn't like me back. Now I have Lucas and he asked me out? The universe must hate me.

"Because, I think I like you, Maya. Would you go out with me?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Maya, would you go out with me?" Josh repeated.

"No. Josh, I'm sorry." I stood up. I wanna leave as soon as I can. But he grabbed my arm before I could take a single step.

"Wait, Maya. Can't you at least think about it?"

"No!" I looked at him and all I can think about is Lucas. "I can't go out with you. I like Lucas now. Josh, I'm really sorry." I left after he let go of my arm. And went straight to Lucas's apartment.

Lucas opened the door with a confuse look on his face.

"Hey, come in." He opened the door wider and I walked in. I stand in his living room. Not knowing what to say. I just had to see him.

"Maya, what's wrong?"

"What are we?" I looked straight into his eyes.

"You wanna sit down?" Lucas smiled and pointed his hand to the couch.

"Josh asked me out."

And Lucas's smile disappeared.