"I'm sorry. It's just that I didn't expect it to be this bad... But I'm glad you didn't try to run away." Alec smiled. Marshmallows and warm hot chocolate. That's what it felt like to have Alec smile at me like that. A warm feeling swirling in my stomach that wanted him to look at me like that all the time.

It made everything I had been through worth it. Almost. I was still far from forgiving Brodie. He was on my hit list.

"How was the funeral?" I asked not really in the mood of discussing the further damage Brodie had executed. If Alec had really known, he wouldn't be laughing.

"You're smiling."

My eyebrows raised at this statement. I hadn't been smiling or had I? This shouldn't surprise Alec in any form either way. A smile was a smile, everyone performed this action once in their lifetime.

"No, I mean a genuine smile." Alec rolled his eyes as if he knew what thoughts were travelling across my mind.

"I smile genuinely all the time." I objected.

"No you don't. You smile because you can but this is the first time you've smiled because you're actually happy. Since the time when we were kids." Alec's words hit me like a tow truck. How did he know what feelings I felt when I smiled. Who was to say I smiled just because I could? I didn't want to believe it. I pushed it out of my mind. Alec couldn't possibly understand me that well.

"Whatever." I said and stood up, all this smiling talk was giving my body stiff muscles. I needed to move. This house had once seemed large but after countless times of chasing Brodie around, I was sick of it.

"I never answered your question." Alec raised an eyebrow.

"I just realised it really doesn't matter." I returned his gesture with one of my own. Not everything that concerned his wellbeing concerned mine. He had his problems and I had mine. Like how was I supposed to survive the next battle? First I somehow had to contact Anton, the deal wasn't off just yet. Next I had to make sure Alec doesn't try kill me and then pray and hope Anton doesn't want blood either. That was unlikely, both sides were bloodthirsty animals. Both sides wanted a fight, they craved the adrenaline rush and the exhilaration of a battle.

"You know you'll have to start taking responsibility soon. This pack isn't supposed to be run just by one alpha." Alec twisted from his position so he face me with his back still on the carpet, looking as relaxed as ever.

"Yeah, I'll worry about that when the time comes. Now can we get dinner?" I demanded. Alec really shouldn't be slouching around on the floor at a time like this. Shouldn't he have homework to catch up on?

"Jeez, what's with the changes in attitude?" Alec grumbled but got up anyway. He quickly discarded the blue tie and suit jacket and let it lay on his bed, leaving only his white shirt on. A shirt which was reasonably thin and which I could detect defined lines against his chest. The feelings that pulsed through me were uncontrollable. I had never felt like this for anyone and I doubted I ever would. Thankfully he walked out of the room first, leaving me to catch my breath in a stifling hot room.

Heat was continuously flooding my cheeks and I couldn't stop it. Why was Alec causing this effect? This shouldn't be happening. Not yet. These feelings couldn't develop this fast, could they?

"Teya, hurry up." Alec yelled from the top of the stairs.

"Coming." I answered back. I didn't have to fear Brodie anymore, he had left or I was only convincing myself of false statements. Shuddering I followed Alec down the wooden stairs. The smell of chrysanthemum was once again in the air. It cleansed the pungent odour of foul egg from Brodie and my food fight.