Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Teya's POV

I was more than confused. If I had to describe myself in illogical terms, I'd have spiral shaped eyes and frazzled brown hair with a zombie like walk. I'd wander around the room in circles before falling onto the ground with ducks spinning around my head.

"Are you Brodie?" I asked hesitantly. Alec had long gone and I didn't want to insult him but he did look like a 9 year old.

"Yep." He chirped like a little saint he looked like. Orange mixed with a dark brown coloured hair that resembled earth and carrots. Freckles dotted his nose and his huge brown eyes were intimidating. He was of average size for a 9 year old but the way he held himself showed more maturity than of that age. His eyes had immediately done a full scan of the room before settling on me.

We both eyed each other, feeling the weight of each other's stare. Just who was this child?

"Are you Teya?" His voice hit me in a disconcerting way. It was so sweet and innocent, the opposite of what his stare told me. If anything he looked and spoke like an angel yet thought of an entirely different spectrum.

"Yes. So you'll be watching me for the next few hours?"

"Yep. I hope we have fun." Brodie stuck out his small hand. Did he want a handshake? Cautiously I shook his hand with my own. Surprisingly his small hand was so warm and comfortable. Usually many male werewolves hand hands with callouses from their training and running in wolf form but he had such smooth hands.

I had second thoughts about his hands a second later when he had twisted himself until he was sitting horse style on my back with my right arm painfully pinned against my spine. My face was pushed into the bed and the deep smell of Alec burned down my throat. Was he trying to kill me? I contemplated flipping him off of me but he jumped off before I could.

Brodie's face had lit up like a sun rising after a night of thunderstorms and clouds. His teeth were brilliantly shining white and his top jaw had braces which reflected off the light even more.

"What was that for?" I growled sitting up on alert. He was not going to play the same trick again.

"That was my greeting." He answered innocently. "I hope we become great friends." That was my introduction to him. I could barely recall the minutes that occurred afterwards. He seemed to suck the seconds from the hours and turned what should be long minutes into mere heartbeats. It was uncanny and unnatural. The way his smile caught you off guard similar to Finn but different in many ways. Brodie contained more energy and bounce rather than ink and pain. He unfolded before you, entrancing you, enrapturing you with the smallest of honest smiles. He was so honest that I couldn't understand how he managed to catch me unawares. Every word that spilled out of him was truth. Bare faced truth yet he held mysteries and dishonesty. How was that possible?

After what seemed like hours of torture, I was free from Brodie. The thought of escaping never even crossed my mind. It was too busy on the thought of trying to keep Brodie as far away from me as possible. I usually never had problems with little children before, I didn't dislike them but he was similar to the devil incarnate. No doubt he and Finn would get along tremendously well.

"Did you have a good time?" Alec came back into his room with a smirk on his face. He knew exactly what kind of scenarios I had been susceptible to.

"Let's see if our definition of 'good time' matches. Well for starters he not only tried to break my arm several times but he almost tripped me down the stairs. I don't even want to know where he got all those trip wires from but he almost took off my head with them too. Not to mention the amount of cleaning and dodging I had to do when he tried to start up a food fight. Your fridge ran out of eggs and the cheesecake is gone by the way. But that's not even the worst of it, I had to spend a whole hour cleaning the kitchen while he ran around getting the living room soaking wet, I don't know if the TV still works but I unplugged it all the same. Stop laughing! This is serious." I snapped at Alec who was lying on the floor with his hand covering a red face.