"Yeah I figured it out. Are you happy now? Can I leave please." I say angrily. I just want to go home and see Bryce and Evie. He laughs.

"Oh Kari. If you want your new family safe then you're going to have to stay here forever." I look at him in shock. Why the hell would he want me here forever? Especially since I don't want to be here. "Ah we have a lot to talk about Kari." I frown. "Oh don't give me that look. I think you will actually want to hear this."

"What is it?" I ask. I guess I am quite curious...

"Let's see, shall I start from the beginning?" He bring his hand up to his chin. "I guess it all started back in the Netherlands. There were two main packs back there. There was the Thorn pack and the Mist pack. They had a strong rivalry, one pack had the power to transport themselves and were faster while the other pack could heal and sometime predict the future. As you can see the rivalry started way back in the past but carried on through generations. As time went on, most of the wolves lost their powers and only a few were left who had special abilities. That's where your mom and I come in, both of us have abilities. And you see, the first child always carries on the ability of their parent. That's when it hit me. Why fight between the two packs when we can combine and create the most powerful creature known to man. When I first met your mother we became friends. I knew we weren't mates, but yet I still fancied her in a way that was more than friends. Anyway I believed in a greater world for both of our packs. Both your mom and I were the only ones with special powers in our generations. I knew that if we were going to create this new world, it had to start with us. Unfortunately, your mom met her mate. He was from a neighboring pack that was quite small. I told her about my plans to see if she was willing to save our packs from this rivalry once and for all but she refused. Can you believe that? She chose her own happiness over her pack's. The next thing I know she's gone. She just disappeared. So I had to go after her. This plan in my head to save the packs from fighting is so valuable. We could be the saviors." He takes a deep breath and runs his hand through his hair.

"Why didn't you just leave her. You knew she didn't want to be with you. She found her mate." I snarl. He smirks.

"Unfortunately by the time I found her she already had a child and was pregnant with another. Now the rule states that the first born child will have the power of its parents, but it is still possible to have other children with the power. So I continued after her and well I had to take care of the main problem. Your father." My eyes widen. Then I hits me.

"It was you." I say in disbelief. "You killed him. Mom would never talk about dad so I never knew..." He laughs.

"Well anyway, your mother got away. I lost track of her for a while. So I sent for the best tracker in my family. My brother. He brought over his mate. Well we couldn't find your mother for years, and eventually I found my mate. I forgot about my mission and enjoyed my life for once. It was great, the only thing was, I was unable to have children with her. Yes, my mate was infertile, but that didn't stop me from loving her.

"After many years my brother had a child and we treated her like our own. One day they got into an accident, I was watching Victoria by myself. My brother and his wife were killed instantly, but my mate, she was badly injured. I knew the only way to save her was to have your mom heal her. So I set off on a journey to find her again. This time I built an army, of any passing rogue I found that was male I welcomed with open arms. By the time I found her and brought her back to my mate she refused to heal her. My mate died later that week and I became furious. And eventually yes, I had your mother killed."

I stand up, "You're a monster!" I shout at him. "You don't care about anyone but yourself. Of course she wouldn't want to heal your mate, especially when you killed hers."