Boy meets NYC

When Kurt got out of the shower a few minutes later, Blaine was just finishing up his phone calls.

"You ready to head out to the airport?" Blaine questioned

"No, not really. But I suppose I have to, don't I. School's waiting." Kurt answered, glumly.

Blaine grabbed Kurt's bags and then, with one last kiss, they were off.

"Now boarding Flight 127 to New York City, New York. Now boarding." A voice called over the intercom.

Blaine was able to go through security with Kurt to see him off at the gate. Being famous had its perks sometimes.

"That's you."

"That's me..." Kurt repeated, stalling.

'I'm not going to cry. I'm not going to cry.' Kurt thought on repeat. Shit. He was crying.

Blaine saw the tears falling from Kurt's eyes and immediately grabbed his boyfriend into a tight hug, trying to comfort him the best that he could.

"I don't want to leave you." Kurt mumbled in a raspy voice.

"It's not for forever. We'll be together again soon." Blaine reassured Kurt.

"I'll never say goodbye to you." Kurt said, wiping at his eyes frantically with the back of his hand.

And with that, Kurt let go of Blaine and walked onto the plane, not looking back. It would hurt that much more if he did.

Kurt texted Blaine the second he landed in New York City.

I'm here. I miss you already. -Kurt

Blaine replied almost immediately.

I miss you, too. Skype later tonight? -Blaine

Yes please! I love you! -Kurt

I love you, too. -Blaine

And then Mercedes was pulling up to the airport to pick Kurt up, so Kurt hurriedly stuffed his phone back into his pocket, a sad smile on his face. He was back home, but he had never felt so alone. But the instant he saw Mercedes, his smile lit up considerably.

"I missed you! But you need to explain to me what happened to your car. Why was it delivered to the dorm a few weeks ago? And why did you not come home with it? How did you manage to finish the tour without your car?" Mercedes questioned.

But Kurt wasn't ready to explain the whole story. It was still fresh in his mind and it would hurt too much to talk about his summer romance with Blaine. Kurt would tell Mercedes all of the details soon enough, but he just wasn't ready yet.

"I'll explain soon, honey. I promise. Just... not right now. Let's just get back to the dorm. I just want to sleep before classes start tomorrow."

It was now Wednesday of Kurt's second week back at school. He skyped with Blaine every night since they parted ways, texted him throughout the days, and called him when either had a few free minutes to spare. It was difficult to go from seeing Blaine every single day to only talking to him a few times throughout the day. It physically hurt Kurt sometimes.

Just as Kurt was thinking this, he saw that he had an incoming call on his laptop. Blaine was calling him through skype.

Kurt rushed to his laptop, fixing his hair along the way, and quickly answered the call, turning on his webcam so Blaine could see him.

"Hey. I was just thinking about you." Kurt said, moving the laptop over to his bed so he could get comfortable. He and Blaine usually talked for at least an hour when they spoke over skype. It was harder to hang up when they were right in front of each other, so their conversations often lasted longer.