All Bets On Her [Part Ten]

Part Ten

Hayden

One minute until the bell rang. I began sprinting through the school, racing to my English class. I had been writing the essay that was due today in the library during my previous hour, printing a few minutes after the first dismissal bell rang. I couldn't be late to class, or else the paper wouldn't even count. Late work is not tolerated. I hadn't worked on it this weekend or last, since those days had been occupied with spending time with Kevin. It was kind of stupid of me to put off doing by work for a guy, but I would've made an excuse not to do it anyways. He just helped fill that procrastination time. 

With my mind focussed on one thing, I knocked into someone that I hadn't even noticed in the hallway. Pissed off, I looked at the being that could have just possibly prevented me from turning in my C worthy paper. As I looked up, my mouth turned into a scowl without my realizing. 

"Look-ie what we have here," Caitlyn smiled wickedly, twirling a piece of her light brown locks around her forefinger. "Miss Perfect being late for class?" She raised an eyebrow. What was she even doing in the hallways? I rolled my eyes at her, continuing my sprint to the classroom. I didn't even understand why she detested me so much. It's not like I was at risk for sleeping with any number of her boyfriends. That was the rest of the school's female population's problem with her.

I skidded into the classroom moments before the bell rang, laying my paper down into the basket and slinking to my seat. Once the bell rang, the teacher closed the door. Not even five seconds later, there was a knock on the door for a student to be let in. The teacher shrugged at him, going onto his lesson about poets and such. Ten minutes into the lesson, she opened the door, in which five students walked in. "If you were going to be late in the first place, I made sure I could count you down as late knowing that you truley missed a part of the lesson. Now go to your seats." The class laughed; our English teacher was honestly a pure smartass. She was awful at the beginning of the year, but she's a lot better now - in my opinion, at least.

*

 "Did you hear?" May inquired me as we made our way down to lunch. 

"Hear what?"

She rolled her eyes, as if it was a chore to gossip. "Caitlyn George! She's sleeping with one of the new teachers this year." I raised my eyebrows, feigning interest. Since I hadn't been here the whole year, I had no idea who were or weren't the new teachers. Nor could I care. When I asked how she heard, she rambled out a long list of 'he said', 'she said's. "But the fact of the matter is, it's totally disgusting. She hasn't clarrified which teacher she's sleeping with, but it has to be someone of sexual attraction that more than one student has their eye on. Otherwise, she wouldn't bother. She likes claiming what others want and can't have." I hadn't a problem with Caitlyn, personally, but she seemed to have a problem with me. So, I didn't exactly mind what May continued on about. 

As we walked down near the cafeteria, I heard an oddly familiar voice. An extremely familiar male voice. We passed by a classroom, where a male teacher had his door closed far enough to cover his stature at his desk. I had also seen Caitlyn leaning onto his desk, her cleavage all but falling out of her button down blouse. She giggled, flirting. "What're you starring at?" May inquired, moving her eyes to where mine were. "Oh." Her voice dropped. Then she moved into an Australian accent, "There the slut is, in her natural habitat of sluttitude. Watch as one pokes it with a stick, and her legs spread open in defense." She laughed, but I couldn't take my eyes off of the open door frame. "C'mon, I'm starving." 

I nodded, moving sluggishly. I attempted to keep up with May's gossiping, but the only thing I could think about was that voice. It sounded so familiar.