All Bets On Her [Part Six]

Part Six

♀Caitlyn♀

"You're the sweetest." I giggled, flirting with Mason. Jeremy and I had just broken up an hour previous to the party, giving me plenty of time to mourn, pick out a sexy outfit, and move on with my life. I bit my lip, batting my eye lashes and acting as if I was trying to hide my blushing when Mason commented on my long legs. He ran his hand up my thigh, getting to my waist. "So tell me, you big stud, what position do you play in football?"

I could care less what position he played in anywhere except the bed room, but it was something between us first speaking and us heading up to the nearest bedroom. I half-assed the whole pretending to listen thing, as I nodded every so often while looking around. The music was loud. It was not too loud to where I couldn't hear the person in front of me, but loud enough to not be able to hear the people banging upstairs.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw some strands of black hair across the room. I looked over, not bothering to see whether or not Mason cared that I wasn't paying attention. Hayden. I couldn't get away from her even at a simple Friday night party. She was speaking to some guy with May Jones. Of course she came to the party, she was all buddy buddy with one of the most well known cheerleaders of the school. I couldn't say the most popular girl of the school, because that's me.

Each motion she made just rose my temper. Her hand sweeping through her hair, her nose crinkling when she laughs, how she couldn't stand still all pissed me off. She was no where near as popular as me. She could never get as many guys to like her as I did. When I took the cue that Mason was finished with whatever he was rambling about, I spoke.

"That's so cool." He smiled a proud smile, obviously unaware that I was ignoring him the entire time. "Hey, uh, I think I left something.. I think I left something upstairs. Would you help me get it, maybe?" I acted the cutesy, flirty girl part. He understood exactly what I meant, and of course he could never turn me down. 

I began walking in front of him through the crowd, his hands on my waist as he followed behind. I passed by Hayden, giving her a look that showed her that this was my territory. There was no way she was breaking down any of my walls. 

Strutting to the nearest room, I giggled at something Mason said that was meant to be funny. Pulling him into the room, I shut the door.

*

Hayden•

My phone began vibrating in my back pocket as I had just thrown my school bag onto my bed. It was finally Friday. School hadn't been much different this week; guys hitting on mercilessly, girls at Malory's table ignoring me, and my classes being difficult. My English teacher was letting up on me a little, now I was up to a whole C+! 

"Hey." I greeted May over the phone. I ran my fingers through my hair and layed on my bed. That's exactly what I wanted to do this weekend, lay in my house with my family without having to move that much.

"You're coming to this party with me tonight." May got right to the point. Before I could protest, she continued. "Don't even try to say no. It's been weeks since your first day, and you still haven't done anything with me or anyone else. I'll be over at seven to help you pick out your outfit." The call ended.

I looked at the time; it was six fifteen. Sighing, I went downstairs to ask Melanie and Brad for permission to go to the party. When I told them all of what May had said, they were cracking up and basically told me if I didn't go I'd be grounded because 'May had a point'. It made me giggle. My father would never let me go to parties, and I got the chance to hear my mom's opinion on the matter. 

I heated up some left over food from the nigh before and ate fairly quickly. It was six thirty by the time I jumped in the shower, needing to shave and wash my hair. Once I was finished grooming, I turned off the hot water and stepped out of the shower. I wrapped a towl around my body and my hair, walking right into my bedroom since I left the door open between that and the bathroom. 

Someone was sitting on my bed. I screamed and practically had a heart attack before I realized it was a familiar red head. "It's seven oh-three and you haven't even blow dryed your hair." May huffed, acting as if my not being completely ready three minutes late was the end of the world. I rolled my eyes. "No, this is actually good. We wont be able to pick your underwear out until after your outfit anyways. Now, go do your hair thing and get your towl-covered butt back out here."

I was in my room again, my hair dry, covered in nothing but a towl as May searched for the perfect oufit in my closet. She must've known I was in the room, because she began throwing combonations of clothes at me to go and try on. Along with each outfit were underwear that would go with it. First there was a short cocktail dress that my father made me buy for some fancy dinner. No. Then there was a tube top with short shorts. I didn't want to be thought of as a slut at my first party. 

Finally, she handed me an outfit that I could handle. It was my grey Blink 182 off the shoulder sweater that went over my hands just slightly, blue high waisted shorts, black bra and underwear, and my blue galaxy Vans. Perfect. Once I was dressed, I worked on my makeup and hair. All I really did was put on some eye liner and mascara, brushed through my locks, and I was good to go.

May had already been dress in a short pink dress with flowing sleeves and a pair of black ankle boots. She was so gorgeous and incredibly sweet, it was no wonder so many people still liked her even after what Jeremy did.

*

A familiar pop song was playing in the background as everyone was mostly standing around and chatting, dancing, or outside swimming. This was not at all what I expected a high school party to be like. I imagined really loud music that people would grind to, some drunk slut or jock wandering around aimlessly, and random couples with their tounges down one another's throats. Actually, forget about that last one. There were random couples here, they were just in the darkest corners of the room. 

May got us each a Smirnoff from some guy we go to school with. As they conversed, I just looked around. I saw Caitlyn starring intently at me. She did not look pleased with me in the slightest. Some guy was talking at her, not caring that she was paying no attention. I had no idea why she didn't like me, but I could care less. It's not like I wanted to befriend someone with her kind of reputation.

Proving the rumors I had heard true, she began walking with the guy to the stairs. As she looked back towards me before she took the second step up the stairs, she raised an eyebrow as if to challenge me. She was obviously on one of the highest of horses, which she would eventually lose her balance on and fall back into reality. Not my kind of problem.

~*~

I know, I know. I haven't written in like a year or two on any of my books! ): I'm so sorry and I hope I still have some of my readers. I do check my wattpad and try to reply to all of you guys that ask me about my writing. I feel the urge to get back into writing again. I've just been so busy in the last couple of years with school, dance, and family stuff. I hope you'll forgive me! I worked hard on this chapter <3 

Please vote and comment. I love you all so much and I hope you forgive me!