All Bets On Her [Part Seven]

Part Seven

Hayden•

"Never have I ever been shoved in my locker." A girl with long black hair whom I couldn't remember the name of said. Everyone giggled and the shortest girl whom was a freshman blushed. She lit the lighter and inhaled. She rolled her eyes, blowing out the smoke through her nostrils and lips which were barely open. I bit my lip, elated that I hadn't done anything that was said yet. I didn't want to embarrass myself by holding something wrong or anything. I had smoked before, but not enough to know what I was fully doing.

The next person in the circle went. We were in the upstairs lounge as the party continued with our absences below us. "Never have I ever moved across the country fom L.A." Every laughed, as the person had purposefully aimed that at me. I giggled, and took one of the pipes they were passing around. Putting the metallic end within my lips, I lit the lighter and brought it to the bowl. Inhaling deeping, smoke consumed every crevice of my throat. Trying my hardest not to cough, I layed the pipe down in my lap without letting anything fall out. "What?" I asked everyone who was starring at me. A small amount of smoke came out. Finally, I blew out the smoke slowly, savouring it.

"We just didn't think you'd do it." A male to the right of me in the circle spoke up. They nodded their heads, then May spoke up, "Even I didn't think you'd do it before I did and I'm a cheerleader." Everyone cracked up at the obvious stereotype misconception, and we continued on with our game.

*

Parking my motorcycle into one of the parking spots of the school lot, I removed my helmet and set it on the back seat. Opening underneath the seat, I grabbed my bag and threw it over my shoulder. Blink 182 was blarring in my ears as I walked up to the school and through the front doors of the entrance. As I went down the hall, I now recognized more people than I had during the past few weeks thanks to the party over the weekend. I waved to a couple of people along the way to my locker, in one of the best moods than I have been in since I moved.

Malory was already at our locker when I walked up. Lizzie was standing beside her, a scowl appearing on her face as I walked up. She looked me over from my Vans to my hair in a messy bun and her scowl grew larger. "So now that you've become oh so popular, you've forgotten about your little table of friends?" Lizzie spat at me. Malory touched her shoulder, showing that she should be quiet.

Before Malory could make her walk away, though, I retaliated. "Don't you even. I was never accepted into your little 'clique' of friends whom think they're above everyone else because they were rejected. I was especially never liked by you, so you can't guilt me for leaving someone I wouldn't want to spend my time on. All I was doing was making friends, and if other peoples' happiness makes you upset, then you need some personal help. Get out of my business and kindly shut the fuck up."

Her face was in absolute shock. Obviously she didn't expect me to have any kind of response. Malory just continued looking downwards, biting her lip. I realized that I had basically called her a reject, not just her friends. Feeling awful, I reached out and touched her shoulder. "Malory I never meant to-"

"Save it." Lizzie cut in, putting her arm around Malory's shoulder and guiding her away. I stood there, speechless and feeling like absolute shit. Sighing, I grabbed my books out of my already open locker, cramming my bag into an open space. I was walking to first hour when a boy with shaggy hair that had been in the circle on Friday night approached me. His hair was a chocolate brown and was growing out from a recent haircut, ending right above his lobes. His eyes were an emerald green, his smile brightening as he walked up.

None of us said anything for a minute or two. Maybe I'm exaggerating, but it felt as if it were that long. "You're Hayden, right?"

The question made me smile. I was no longer 'Annie', girl whom everyone knew everything about. No one knew me here. I had never been asked my name in LA, not even by new people. "Yes, that's right."