Preview Posting/ AN

"Wow!" Abigail gushed as she eyed the enormous tree in front of her.

"Wait!" Lucy exclaimed before spinning around to dig in the large cardboard box behind her. From inside the box Lucy pulled out a smaller wooden box which had been painted red with green holly leaves around the trim, "Every Tree needs an angel."

Abigail came to stand beside her friend, and watched as Lucy lifted the lid to the wooden box to reveal a porcelain angel smiling up that the. With golden wings that glistened in the light of the Christmas tree, soft blonde curls of hair that fell to her shoulders, and brightly painted blue eyes.

"She is beautiful!" Abigail sighed while she watched Lucy hold the angel up to the light.

Lucy smiled and said, "My mom normally would put her on top of the tree. Then we would sit around the tree and my mom would tell us of the story of The Christmas Tree."

Abigail tore her adoring gaze from the angel and turned to give Lucy a curious look. She had never heard of any Guardian's of Christmas. Actually before spending Christmas eve at Lucy's, Abigail had no idea what Christmas was or how many people go about celebrating the holiday. Everything about the holiday was new to Abigail. She was in awe at the decorations, the carols, the cookies, the presents. Abigail quickly raced to the tree and sat down in front of it. She looked back over her shoulder and smiled encouragingly at Lucy.

With an excited giggle Lucy placed the angel down on the floor in between her and Abigail then she began telling the story that she had heard so many times before.

"Once upon a time..." Lucy began reciting the story...

Once upon a time in the snowy hills of the North Pole there was a magical place where there was so much Christmas spirit that it took life in the giant pine trees that spread across the snowy plane. Inside these magnificent trees lived magical creatures known as Christmas fairies.

Under the protection of giant pine trees the Christmas fairies built their villages. The magic of the pine trees kept their villages safe from the cold and violent winter storms.

While merry songs played through the streets of this magical village, the fairies worked feverishly to decorate the tree and their homes. Tinsel, candy canes, gum drops, red and green lights, were strung up over the streets.

"No, that isn't right!...It has to be bigger, brighter!" Shouted an angry fairy up at another fairy who clung tightly to a latter as he hung lights over the tiny cottage.

***************************************

Hello everyone!

Since today is the start of the holiday season (for me at least) I thought I would post this. It is a story I have wanted to write for several years but I never get around to it. Two years ago I sat down and wrote out a character list. I started a bit of the story, and that is the bit that is posted above. I do have a few other stories that are in desperate need of updates however I hope to be able to update this story as well throughout the holiday season. 

Please let me know what you think of the story so far. 

Happy Holidays everyone! 

~Jess