Home

There were lots of rooms along the long hallway, and Shiro had to take a breath. They were ready, he was ready. He had waited so long for this day, and so had Isshin, Karin, and Yuzu.

A guard lead the group down the hallway, and it seemed like time slowed down as they stopped at a certain door. The guard unlocked it, and slowly opened it.

"You have some visitors." The guard said before stepping out of the way.

Shiro looked at Isshin, and waited for his approval to go in. When Isshin nodded, Shiro gulped before stepping into the room.

The room was not too big, but it reminded him of an apartment. It had white walls, and along one was a large window looking out over the forest below. It had a small kitchen like area, a bedroom area, and off to the side was a small bathroom. In the middle was a long couch, two chairs, a table, and a T.V. 

A figure stood in front of the window, looking out at the trees. The sun coming in lit his hair on fire, and Shiro thought he looked like an angel.

Walking further into the room slowly, Shiro felt like the room would explode in the quiet.

"Who is it." The man asked in an oh so familiar voice.

Shiro felt like breaking down then and there, and he hadn't even seen the man's face, "It's Shiro. It's me," the figure turned, his eyes wide with tears forming, "Ichigo."

The orangette smiled before running towards Shiro, and hugging him tightly. He cried loudly into Shiro's chest, and he couldn't stop smiling like an idiot, "I can't....You're here....I...." Ichigo couldn't finish his sentence, he was so happy, he felt like a child.

Shiro was over joyed, relief flooded his features as he held Ichigo tightly in his arms, kissing the top of his head, "I'm here, Ichi. It's okay now."

"Ichi-nii..."

Ichigo looked over Shiro's shoulder,  and more tears fell down his face as he brought his two little sisters into a tight hug. Yuzu started crying as well, and Karin held back the tears as she hugged her older brother.

"I missed you so much, Ichi-nii." Yuzu whispered.

Ichigo felt liek he would explode from happiness, he held his sisters tighter, "I know, Yuzu. I missed you guys too.."

Ichigo looked up to see his father looking down at him with love in his eyes.

"Dad..." Ichigo stood up, the two stood still for a few moments before pulling each other into a tight hug.

"Son.." Isshin whispered, tears falling from his cheeks.

"I missed you so much, dad." Ichigo cried as his father held him.

Shiro stood with Yuzu and Karin, smiling at the scene in front of him.

"Ichigo," Ichigo turned to look at Shiro, "are you ready?"

"Ready for what?"

"We are taking you home." Isshin said with a large smile.

Ichigo couldn't believe his ears, he was so over joyed that he couldn't help but hug his father again, "Thank you! You have no idea how long I've been waiting for this!"

Shiro smiled as Ichigo ran back to him and hugged him tightly, "Thank you.." Ichigo whispered.

Shiro understood why Ichigo was so happy to be able to go home; he had been in a mental hospital for the past five years. After his incident five years ago, the doctors were able to bring him back, but they wanted to keep him until they knew the drug was out of his system, and his mind was stable again.

Ichigo's physical appearance had gone back to normal again, save for the lone white streak of hair in his bangs.

Ichigo looked up at Shiro, and kissed him. Shiro was surprised, but soon kissed back; he had longed for Ichigo for so long, and now he had him back.

Isshin and the girls had gone back to file papers of Ichigo's leave while Shiro and Ichigo packed his stuff.

"So," Shiro smiled, "23 now, huh?"

Ichigo rolled his eyes, "Don't remind me. These past few years weren't the greatest, but I would have rather spent them with you and my family."

Shiro nodded, "I know."

Ichigo punched his shoulder, "And you have nothing to say, you're the same age as me!"

Shiro chuckled, "But I age like fine wine, you're like milk."

Ichigo 'wowed' before he began packing again, "You're still as immature as ever I see."

Shiro grinned as he held Ichigo from behind, "Ya. But I still love you just as much."

The two smiled with love in their eyes, kissed, and went back to work.

Ichigo was going home. He couldn't believe it.

Smiling like an idiot, Ichigo grabbed his bags while Shiro led him to the car.

'I'm going home....'

The sun was setting when they finally made it back home; Shiro looked over his shoulder at the back seat to find Ichigo sleeping soundly. Smiling, Shiro got out of the car, got into the back, and cuddled up to Ichigo, before kissing his forehead.

"Welcome home, Ichi..."