Loss

It was all just a really fast blur. Ichigo's dad had opened the door to yell at him, but froze when he saw Shiro standing behind Ichigo with his hands in his pockets, and his head down. Ichigo knew he was still mad, but he didn't know how he would react if his father, Isshin, were to start yelling at him for keeping Ichigo out so late, or start asking him idiotic questions that would push Shiro over the edge.

"Dad I can ex-"

Ichigo started, but was cut off by shock when his father rushed past him, and pulled Shiro into a tight hug.

"O-oi!" Shiro stuttered in shock and pushed against Isshin's face, "Let go of me goat face!"

Shiro soon had enough, and punched him in the gut, Ichigo stood shock still as his father stood tall in front of Shiro. Ichigo expected his dad to retort, but his father started laughing with a bright smile on his face.

"You still call me the same name too! You're definitely the little Shiro that used to come over and play with my little Ichigo!"

Shiro tilted his head in confusion, then remembered that Ichigo's father would remember him, even if he himself did not remember Ichigo's father.

"You two could have been easily been mistaken as lovers, but you were too young back then, but now," Isshin smiled at his blushing son, "I wouldn't doubt if that became true."

"Dad!" Ichigo shouted, "Would you knock it off!"

Isshin knew Ichigo was gay, but he didn't really bring it up unless their was some really hot guy around his son.

"Alright, alright," Isshin walked back into the house, "come on you two, dinner is going to get cold."

Ichigo huffed before entering his home, Shiro followed suit, but was slightly slower. He was trying to remember this place, but only fuzzy memories would surface.

Shiro watched as Ichigo ran into the kitchen to hug a little girl in a pink dress with strawberry blonde hair, holding a spoon. She must be his little sister.

"Oi!" Another girl called from the stairs, and Shiro noted that she looked a lot like the other girl, save for the black hair, and the t-shirt and shorts.

"Who's the albino?" The girl called after Ichigo, and he rolled his eyes.

"His name is Shiro, and he will be staying with me for a few days."

Shiro turned to glare at Ichigo, "Wait a minute, we didn-"

"Okay! Let's eat!" Isshin shouted as the little girl, Yuzu, placed the food on the table.

The other girl, Karin, had taken her spot by her twin, while Isshin sat at the head of the table, while Ichigo and Shiro sat across from each other.

As they began eating, Isshin placed his chopsticks down, and faced Shiro, "So, Shiro."

Shiro nodded his head, "What is it, goat face?"

Isshin chuckled, "Where have you been for the past few years? No one's seen you around, and no one ever says that they talk to you anymore."

Shiro looked down at his food in discomfort. Even Ichigo wanted to know what Shiro was going to say; he hadn't heard the whole story either.

"I've been traveling. A couple years I got a job that payed well, but I soon found out it wasn't the job for me."

Ichigo noted the glimmer of hate in Shiro's eyes, before he looked back at Isshin, "After I quit, I came back here. I found a place to stay, and I have been there ever since."

Shiro then looked Ichigo in the eye, and smiled, "Then this dip face found me. We didn't remember each other at first, but it was worth it to finally remember."