My Center

Shiro grinned at how Ichigo was acting, he looked so cute yet so ridiculous. They were only twelve but they did know a few things about how teenagers thought. At the moment, Ichigo looked like an innocent boy who 'wasn't' trying to seduce three fifteen year old boys.

They had called Shiro snowball and it irked Shiro off so when he was about to punch the guy in the face, Ichigo had stepped in and started talking sweetly. Even though Ichigo was a guy, he had somewhat of a feminine appearance and Shiro always found that slightly hot.

But at the moment, Shiro didn't like how the boys were all over Ichigo. So Shiro took a handful of dirt, yelled, and when the guys turned around, he threw it in their eyes. While they were distracted, Shiro grabbed Ichigo's hand and pulled him away, and ran.

Shiro heard Ichigo giggling and stopped to turn and see what was so funny, "What the hell...you..." Shiro's words were caught in his throat when he looked at Ichigo.

Ichigo always looked so beautiful in the sun light, it made his hair glow like fire, and seeing that innocent smile on his face, it made it all the more memorable.

Shiro got closer to Ichigo and rested his forehead against Ichigo's, "Don't ever leave me Ichi..."

Ichigo nodded, "I won't Shiro...."

Shiro smiled and Ichigo smiled in return, then slowly, Shiro's face turned serious while he leaned in, and lightly kissed Ichigo's lips.

Ichigo wasn't surprised at all, in fact, he was hoping Shiro would kiss him. They closed their eyes as the kiss lasted a few seconds longer, then they parted and smiled at each other. Before running off again, Ichigo kissed Shiro's cheek.

Ichigo's head hurt.

He remembered Shiro.

He remembered their playdates.

Their sleep overs.

Their fights.

And that day. The day when they split up, and Ichigo lost his heart. 

Shiro was still holding onto Ichigo, like he thought the boy would disappear right before his eyes now that he remembered Ichigo. Ichigo didn't know what he wanted to do, yell at the albino, cry, push Shiro away, or smack him.

When Shiro started to pet Ichigo's hair, Ichigo figured out what he was going to do. Ichigo broke down crying for the first time in a very long time. Shiro held onto him tighter, trying to console the boy in his arms, "Shh...It's okay Ichi...It's okay..."

Ichigo's shoulders shook a few more times as his tears dried, before he lightly pushed against Shiro's chest. Shiro backed away a bit to see Ichigo's face, but felt a pang in his chest when he saw that Ichigo's head was down. Ichigo's hair shadowed his eyes so he couldn't look Shiro in the eye, but Ichigo's tears had stopped.