Taking Back the Night // Part One

Owen sat in his cell, numb, on the inside and outside. He never should've made a deal with that guy. But he was so innocent! The good side of his conscience argued. You could've gotten out! The bad side of his head argued. 

"OI, OUT!" One of the officers yelled, banging a stone up on the bars. Owen quickly got up, and got out of the cell, and allowed the cop to escort him to the gym. Honestly, Owen wasn't quite sure why they made them exercise. Shouldn't be fattening him instead of getting the, stronger and stronger to break out?

Not that he was complaining though, it was better then sitting and eating the stuff they called food. He would rather starve then eat that, which was surprising, seeing as he had never held back from eating before.

"Hey, fattie, catch!" One of the tougher guys yelled, throwing him the football. It went over his head, and ricocheted off the wall, hitting the guy who threw it on the head. He fell to the ground, but quickly got up.

Owen gulped as the guy towered over him, an angry expression on his face.

"FATTIE!!!"

~~~

BAM!

Emma and Kitty's door opened, a frightened Noah in the doorway. They turned to him, both eyebrows raised.

"Owen...jail...Mal..." Noah panted in between pants.

"Wait.. Who is Mal?" Kitty asks, her mouth curled in disguist. "Who even has that name?"

"Well technically-"

"Your best frind's in jail."

"Right."

Emma sighed. "I don't know how to get him out. Duncan's in jail, there's no evidence-"

"Emma, Emma." Duncan tisked, opening her door. "You really think I would stay in that hell hole, when I know how to break out?" He asked, taking a Coke.

Emma rolled her eyes, as Kitty asked, "Well how do you suppose we get Owen out of jail?"

"Who said-"

"You get my friend out or I report you to the cops." Kitty threatened as a kitchen knife nicked the top of Duncan's Mohawk off. All eyes turned to the young adult, quite surprised.

Duncan put his hands up in surrender. "Okay, okay!" He yelled. He knew from growing up with her that it was rare for Kitty to ever get mad at somebody, much less to threaten him.

"So, what's the plan?"

~~~

Slam!

Owen sighed, and layed down on the cot, his whole body aching from the punches thrown at him for punishment.

It had been a long day for him, and didn't mind using the wheat sack for a pillow. He didn't feel like rebelling, and certainly wasn't going to try breaking out. The only time he had defied an order the whole time in jail was when he hadn't catches the football, and you could tell by just looking at him the punishment.

He had given up the idea of getting out, and had gotten used to the thought of spreading the rest of his life in handcuffs. Maybe one day he would have some respect, but he doubted that would be any day soon.

Trust nobody.

Hey guys, so this is the last I will update this week, because tomorrow and Friday I will writing and publishing "Shopping for Love's" Black Friday special! Comment, Vote, Review, BYE!