Burning the Night

"So... you ready?" Kitty asked, the question that the world was wondering.

"Meh."

"Meh? MEH? MEH?!" Kitty screamed. "THIS IS YOUR 22 BIRTHDAY, AND ALL I GET IS 'MEH?!'"

Emma flinched. "I'm just not feeling that good. M'kay?" Emma replied.

Kitty frowned a bit. "Okay."

Owen frowned. He checked his phone, taking a sip of water.

N: On my way

O: Okay. Emma isn't in a good mood.. be warned.

N: Tired, Mad, Moody, what?

O: Tired and Moody, I'd say.

(This was literally me at book club today btw. I was texting Cat_with_braces earlier, feeling the same as Emma, and I still do TBH. Moody, and Tired.)

When Noah didn't reply, Owen put his phone back in his pocket, and told Emma, "Noah should be here soon. That sound good?" Owen asked.

Emma shrugged. "Whatever." Kitty kicked her, which only made her close her eyes.

Owen raised an eyebrow at Kitty, and she sighed. She gave him a look that voiced, 'I have no idea anymore.' Owen sent a look back saying, 'I understand.'

~~~

Finally, Noah arrived, and Emma simply opened her eyes, to close them again. 

Noah raised an eyebrow at Owen and Kitty, in which they simply shrugged. Noah sat down and ordered a Sprite, and asked Emma, "You okay?"

Emma replied, "Mhhhmmm."

Noah raised an eyebrow, and texted Kitty, 'She's not drunk, right?'

Kitty laughed, and texted back, 'No, she's just super tired.'

Noah nodded. Kitty sighed, and shook Emma. "Darling, it's your birthday, celebrate! Heck, I think Noah brought you a present!" She exclaimed.

Emma groggily opened her eyes. "Cool. Presentssss..." She slurred. Noah snickered. Emma raised an eyebrow at Noah, and he shut up.

Noah slid the present over, a simple black paper bag, and Emma slowly pulled the tissue away to reveal the red and blue chevron scarf. She smiled a bit, and put it back, murmuring a small thanks.

Kitty screamed madly. "I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!" She pulled Emma up, and dragged her out of the booth, and turned toward the boys. "I don't know about you, but I'm going to wake Emma up, the hard way. You two coming?" She asked.

Owen nodded quickly, while Noah smiled a bit. Kitty took off, dragging an asleep Emma with her.

( Well, I'm still feeling sick as crap, and I'm watching Inside Out! Anyway, Paris is currently being attacked, so if I have any readers in France or Paris, I'm praying for you! )