Chapter Eight

Alexa's POV:

I sat in my room on my laptop typing out an essay for my English class when my phone began ringing. I smiled and answered the call, "Hello Stranger."

"Hello Alexa," Tate answered.

"What's up?" I asked.

"I missed the sound of your voice," he answered. "So, I decided to call you."

"Well," I sighed. "I'm glad you did. I'm working on this English essay and it totally sucks."

"Westfield sucks in general," Tate replied. "I got kicked out of there."

"I'm so bored right now!" I groaned. "I wanna get out and do something fun tonight! Not just sit around in my room and write a freakin' English paper. You know?"

"Totally!" Tate agreed. "Meet me down in your basement in five minutes. Okay?"

"Alright," I agreed.

"See you then," Tate said.

"Okay," I replied.

"Bye Alexa," Tate said.

"Bye Tate," I smiled and we both hung up our phones.

I checked the house to make sure that Mom and Dad weren't home after I left my room. They weren't.

I went down to the basement a minute after I hung up from talking to Tate on the phone. When I got down there, I felt something hit my foot. I looked down and saw that there now was a small red ball at my feet.

"Hello?" I asked into the darkness just beyond me in the underground room as I picked the toy up off the ground. "Tate?"

"PLAY!!" growled a creature as it came towards me.

I screamed, dropped the ball, fall to the ground, and closed my eyes tightly.

Tate's POV:

"Thaddeus, stop! You're scaring her!" I yelled as I helped a trembling Alexa back to her feet and held her close. "Alexa, it's okay. It's okay. Thaddeus can't hurt you."

"What was that thing?!" she asked hysterically.

"That was just Thaddeus," I answered.

"That thing wasn't human, Tate!" she cried.

I kissed her forehead and scooped her up in my arms, "He was at one point. C'mon, I'll take up to your room."