Chapter 17: Welcome Tadashi

A/N: That's Hiro's and your song. Runaway by Nightcore.

I was sleeping. Pretty well too. Until there was this horrific cramp. 

"Ow!" I said sitting up in bed. 

"What?" Hiro asked beside me sitting up too. He set his hand on my back.

"Cramp." I muttered through clenched teeth. That one had hurt!

"Is it?" He asked excitedly.

"I don't k- Ow!" I said again. I wrapped my hand around my stomach. I moved my legs so I could get off the bed and stood up. Then there was fluid. "Okay Hiro, water just broke. It's happening. Hiro?" I said and turned around. He was already out the door.

"Why?" I said leaning back against Hiro. 

"Don't worry it will all be over soon. Then we'll have our son." Hiro comforted me. 

"Oh has it happened?" Aunt Cass asked rushing in.

"No." I whined.

"Just a lot of contractions." Hiro said. I groaned as another one came. 

"Has anything happened?" Honey asked from the door. Behind her was Wasbai, Fred, and Gogo.

"No!" I said and groaned again. "Where's Ray, Zoe, and V?" I asked.

"They're on their way. They were getting your dad." Gogo said.

"Really?" I asked smiling. Dad was coming? He would get to see his grandchild? Suddenly the pain didn't seem so bad.

"Yes." Aunt Cass said. Just then the doctor came in.

"Hello Mrs. Hamada, it's almost time." He said cheerfully.

"Is it now?" I asked sarcastically. I couldn't help it, the pain made the hormones go crazy. He smiled in response though. 

"Goodluck." Gogo said.

"Can't wait to see him!" Wasabi said. 

"Bye guys." Hiro said now standing beside me. "Ready?" He asked.

"No! I'm freaking scared." I said. Hiro leaned down and kissed me.

"It'll be worth it though right?" He asked.

I sighed, "Yes." He smiled.

I wasn't counting how long it took, and it didn't matter. Like Hiro said, it was worth it. I held Tadashi in my arms as Hiro was running around the hospital yelling to everyone that he was a dad. I leaned down and kissed Tadashi's head. 

"Hi." I said as he opened his eyes again. He just stared at me. Tears of joy filled my eyes as I looked down at him. He was perfect. Just then Hiro burst in.

"I'm a dad!" He whisper shouted. I giggled. The others followed behind Hiro into the room. 

"Can I hold him?" Aunt Cass cried. I nodded and handed Tadashi to her.

"Hi Tadashi." She said. Tadashi made this cute baby noise at her.

"Aw." Everyone said. 

"I like the name." Honey said. I couldn't stop smiling.

"Can I hold him next?" Zoe asked. Aunt Cass gently handed him to her.

"He's so tiny." Zoe said. 

After everyone got to hold him, the doctor told everyone to leave so that I could rest. I didn't want to, but I was really tired. The nurse took Tadashi and I closed my eyes falling asleep instantly.

"Hey mom." I said in the dream.

"Hey sweetie." She said and kissed my cheek.

"You gave him a good name." Mr. Hamada said.

"Thank you, but it was Hiro's idea." I replied.

"I can't believe you named him after me." Tadashi said. 

"Why not? The name deserved another chance." I said. Tadashi hugged me as the other ghosts left.

"Thank you." Tadashi said.

"Well, I liked the named too so." I said and shrugged. Tadashi pulled away and held my shoulders.

"No not just that." Tadashi said.

"What else?" I asked.

"For sticking with Hiro though everything that happened. I don't know where he'd be without you." Tadashi said. I recalled what Tadashi had told me about what was Hiro's reason for living. 

"Of course. I love him." I said.

"I'm glad you do." Tadashi said and kissed my cheek.

I woke up in the hospital with Hiro sitting on a chair beside me. 

"Hey." He said.

"Hey." I replied.

"The doctors want you to try feeding, so I'll go get them." Hiro said.

"Okay." I smiled, excited to see Tadashi again. The nurse walked in and handed Tadashi to me. I moved the shirt down a little, and tried. 

"That's weird." Hiro said watching.

"No it's not, it's a beautiful and natural thing." I said. When Tadashi finished, he looked up at me. I was now able to study his features. He had black hair like Hiro's, but my eye color. I wondered who he would be more like. Hiro or me? "I love him." I said. 

Hiro chuckled, "I would hope so." Hiro said. He moved closer to me, and smiled down at Tadashi who was staring back at us with wide curious eyes. 

"I can't wait to take him home." I said.