Chapter 9: Letters

She stood in front of the mirror. A broken, depressed girl stood there. Dark shadows under her eyes, puffy red eyes, dull (E/C) eyes... She was slowly losing it. The thought of losing the love of her life... Had come true... Sadly. Thinking about him, she let the tears fall. She never apologized, and now... She never would...
I heard a small whimper below me, and glanced down at (D/N). I smiled at him and followed him down the stairs. I fed him in the kitchen. It was eight o'clock. I only slept five hours having finally cried myself to sleep at three o'clock. I sighed, sleep deprived and hungry, but not willing to eat, I walked over to the living room. Passing the counter, I glanced down and saw the two letters from Hiro. I picked them up and continued to the living room. Sitting on the couch, I opened the first one that he had left. It had a chew marks from when (D/N) chewed on it, but it was still readable.
Dear (Y/N)
Since I'm no author like you this letter will be short, and may suck. But I figured I'd try. I'm sitting downstairs, on the couch in our living room. Why? Because I did the worst thing ever. I broke a promise. But not just any promise. It was the promise to never hurt you again. I hurt you, and I'm so sorry for that. I am so sorry for that... You didn't deserve that...
In the morning I'll try to apologize, but if I don't succeed, then I want you to know that I love you... I love you so much. And I am greatly sorry for hurting you again...
Love,
Hiro
Idiot, I thought. Why didn't you just forgive him? I moved on to the next letter.
Dear (Y/N),
I miss you. A lot. And I love you a lot. Please forgive me. But if you don't, and you want to move on... Then I won't mind. After all that I've done I honestly don't deserve a gorgeous, smart, talented, amazing girl like you...
If you cheat, I won't care. I did the same to you. So why not get back at me?
But if you stay, then I will do anything for you to forgive me. Anything. I love you so much...
And since it's almost your birthday, a box should arrive at the house. I hope you like it... Oh and I hope that you liked the flowers. (F/F). Your favorite...
I love you Princess. And again I am so sorry.
Love,
Hiro
A box? I thought. I stood up, and walked outside with (D/N) right behind me. And it's almost my birthday? Wow I'm slow. I thought.
Outside, there was no box. I looked around, and under a bush. There it is, I thought. I pulled out the long box, and walked back inside.
I took the scissors and cut the tape away. Pulling back the cover, there were packaging peanuts. I reached in and pulled out a (F/C) piece of metal. What the? I thought. I reached in again and pulled out a blueprint. Hiro's blueprint. It was... A suit! Hiro made me a suit! Only to be used in emergencies, I read. I rolled my eyes at Hiro's ignorance. But then I thought, why isn't it put together? Hiro knows how clueless I am with robotics. That's when I noticed how the tape was messed up. Someone had opened it, and undid the parts. I gasped. Because finally all of the pieces came together... Travis... Had Hiro.