Chapter 1: New Start

Seoul shopping mall, Kim Min Hee's POV:

It's the first day of December which means Christmas is soon! I stared at the festive shop lights and scurrying people in the city of Seoul.

-VRRRRRR

I look at my phone. It's Jihae. I turn it off after the last ring and sigh. 

2 months ago, Gangnam neighborhood. 

"Honey, we're moving to this house in Gangnam. Trust me, you'll love it. And please try to treat to your in-law's like family now... for me at least? You know how much this means to me, and I want you to be happy too." Eomma sighed and gave me a warm smile. She always had that depressed motherly look on her face which made me feel like a horrible teen.

I believed her words, but wished she'd consider how much the step-siblings hated me. Even after 100's of 'family' meet-up's they were my arch enemies. Han ShinAh and Han JunHoe were their names. 

For the last 2 months I had suffered with them, but that wasn't all...

~~~

"MinHee-ah! My dear, can you do me a favour and take this next door. Just knock quietly and they'll open the door." said step-father, dangye abeoji (CEO of Pledis Ent. - CEO Han) handing me a box full of props.

I wasn't too surprised as we did live next door to a trainee dorm. But this was something he'd never ask me to do. 

I nodded and bowed formally before going on my way.

I stood outside the dorm for about 10 minutes fixing my hair and thinking of what to say if I was accused of trespassing. 

"Hello?" A boy with flattering brown hair opened the door before I could knock. He seemed sleepy by his tone of voice and outfit. Another boy came to the door - he had black hair and was slightly shorter. 

My heart started beating so fast, my temperature suddenly rose. I knew it... my face was bright red as I felt my cheeks. 

"Who are you?" asked the second boy. 

"Ahh..I..urrh...this" I pushed the box into the first boys hand. 

The boys chuckled and held on to the box. "Gamsahbmida" they said together, the second one smiled at me and waved goodbye. I didn't know what was wrong with me but my cheeks were inflamed. 

I'm sure it's just a one time thing. It's just a crush. I'll forget him...

But damn was I WRONG? Every night for the next week, I thought of his smile, his voice, his face. Did I really live next door to them? I didn't believe it. I hugged my pillow extra hard and fell asleep. 

1 month ago: Mansae College:

Our group were standing outside our lockers, at lunch break. Minus Ming Jung. Hyeri was looking for a textbook. Sung Young was fussing about her maths test, and Jihae was texting on her phone.

"Oh my god!" yelled Min Jung running towards us in the busy corridor. 

"What is it?" replied Sung Young pinning her down. 

"I just heard that the famous boygroup, Seventeen will be attending our college! I'm so excited I COULD SCREAM!" 

"You're already screaming..." assured Hyeri.

"Min Hee Unnie! You know Seventeen's the group which live next door to you?" questioned Jihae facing me. 

"Chincha?" My eyes widened... "Omo? She doesn't even know they live next door? --Can I live with you?" cried Min Jung trying to be cute.