Hold On Till May

Kellins POV

I sit on the bathroom floor with my oxygen tank next to me and lean into the toilet to puke again. Due to the chemotherapy, I can't keep anything in my stomach anymore and I lost all my hair. So I've been wearing my beanie that Vic gave me for my birthday.

Vic and I got back from the doctors a few hours ago because I had a chemotherapy I had to go to. The doctor said I was getting much better and that the Chemo must of worked. He said next month that he wants to run some tests and see if I need the chemo anymore. Which I guess is good news since I've been battling this cancer for the past year.

But Vic has been there with me right by my side through these tough times as my happy, loving boyfriend. We have been dating for 5 years now. We met at Warped Tour and we just so happened to be standing right next to each other as we watched some of our favorite bands perform.

We hit it off immediately since we shared so much in common. So a few weeks later we had our first date. We had a great 4 years together with nothing in the way of our strong relationship. That was until I was diagnosed with Stage 1 Small Cell Lung Cancer.

The first symptoms were just having hard time breathing and coughing uncontrollably. Vic and I just thought it might of been allergies or a cold, but one night I started coughing up blood. So we rushed to the hospital and that's when we got this tragic news.

Cancer runs through my family so it was in my DNA. I was just hoping I wouldn't get it and it would just skip my generation or at least until I was 90. But it got to me when I was 28. I'm 29 now and Vic is 33.

When we got back from the chemo. I told Vic I wasn't hungry but he said I had to eat at least something. I just didn't have much of an appetite anymore, so I forced down some soup, but it didn't stay down for too long.

"Kells? Are you okay?" Vic asks softly through the door.

"Not really. I feel like shit and look like it too." I lean against the wall, clutching onto my stomach while groaning internally.

"No you don't. You're beautiful." Vic sighs.

"Thanks babe, but I still feel like shit. Ever since I was diagnosed with this stupid cancer, I've felt nothing but pain. I just want it to go away." I whimper at the pain surging through my body.

"I'm sorry for making you eat. You wouldn't be in so much pain if I didn't force you to eat. I just don't want you to starve. I'm sorry baby. Can I come in?" He asks. I just nod knowing he knows the answer.

He opens the door and walks in. He sits next to me pulling me gently into his arms. I rested my head on his chest and closed my eyes as I felt a wave of tiredness come over me. Vic was always warm. And it was always a relief when his warm hands intertwined with my ice cold ones.

"You're cold. Let's get you warmed up." He whispers lifting my hands up and kissing them softly. He picks me up and walks us over into our shared bedroom. He helped me get into my pajamas and tried not to get tangled up in my nasal cannula, which made me laugh a little.

"I'll be right back with some more blankets." He smiles kissing my forehead before leaving the bedroom. I made sure my beanie stayed on and I sat on the edge of the bed waiting for Vic to come back.

He came back a few minutes later with a pile of blankets in his hands. He sets them down on the bed and stands in front of me.

"Why don't we get some sleep? You look tired." He says with a sad small smile and I agree. I lay down with my head propped up on some pillows as Vic wrapped me up in a bunch of fluffy, warm blankets. He joined me under them and pulled me into his arms again. I snuggled into his chest as he wrapped his arms around me a little tighter.