7. Lost in words

Sarah.

"The one and only."

"When did you get here?" I asked looking at Diane straight in the eye.

Damon and I have known each other for over a year now, not so long ago I hung out with the wrong people and I ended up being sent to boarding school for two years. Once I was sent away to that boarding school in Australia, I met Diane and we became partners in crime. It's lowkey kind of like the Serena and Georgina story, only difference is that I was worse in a way where I even got Nate involved.

"I mean once I found out you left Westick, I dropped out of rehab and rushed to the Big Apple!" Diane exclaimed a little bit too loud for my recently awake ears.

"I still don't get why you came, I mean, you checked yourself into rehab but dropped out the minute I left the school?" I questioned. "Something is not clicking."

"Is it really that much of a crime? I wanted to see my best friend!"

I huffed and I was about to answer when Nate opened the door to the room. Time seemed to stop as he has back and forth glances between Diane and I, it almost appeared to be in slow motion when his cup of coffee smashed into the floor.

"Sarah!" He screamed and ran towards the hospital bed. "You opened- how- the doctor said-"

"I believe it was all thanks to an act of true love," Diane said while extending her hand to greet my brother. "Diane Mary Williams, it is a pleasure to finally meet you."

Nate shook her hand still looking stunned by her outgoing persona. "Nathaniel Archibald and I believe we have already met before."

"You know the pre-rehab me. I am totally different now," she whispered.

"Just because you started using your middle name doesn't mean you are a new person."

"Ouch," she chuckled as she played with the seam of his jacket. "Words can hurts Nathaniel, but I'm sure that quick tongue of yours can be put to do some other work."

"Hey! Quit it both of you!" I managed to say without laughing. My seriousness only resulted in an eruption of laughter from my brother and friend who's nonchalant flirting didn't go unnoticed. "How about you call the doctor so they can get me out of this gown and back home as soon as possible?"

With that question, Nate and Diane were out the door desperately searching for a nurse or anyone that could begin the final check ups and future discharge papers.

In the midst of it all I still found myself thinking back at Chuck. At the moments we've had. At his worrying and his spiteful reaction to me being pregnant. There's no doubt in my mind that those results are not true because if there's one thing I'm good at is not getting pregnant. But his reaction still pushed me a step back.

Whatever right? I mean, we are just messing around with no feelings what so ever.

The following days were full of surprise visits, flower aromas, balloons and 'get well soon' cards; however, now it was time to go back to school.

Thankfully Gossip Girl was kind enough to not put me on blast as much as I expected and respected my privacy in this situation. Nevertheless, that did not stop the gossiping at the school. Some people think I'm pregnant while others think I OD'ed, but the gag of it all is that I was dehydrated.