“Adrian, it’s perfect!” I assured him with a huge grin on my face. He smiled back. He was so sweet, not only he thought about bringing something, but was also worried that it wasn’t good enough!

“I’m gonna get us something to drink.” I went to the kitchen and grabbed two sodas from the fridge. I also got a few napkins and headed back to the living room. Sitting on the couch again, I handed him a can and a few napkins.

“Wanna watch something specific?” I asked him.

“Let’s see.” He took the remote from me and started to flip through the channels.

We finished our sandwiches while watching ‘The Shinning’. I didn’t really like that movie, but I couldn’t care less. Adrian was here with me so that I wouldn’t be alone while was raining and I was more than happy about it. Nothing could ruin my good mood.

Of course, now I was scared about the storm and the movie, so soon Adrian had his arm around me and my head was on his shoulder.

Then I realized I never asked for him to come, so why was he here with me?

I lifted my head and looked at him while asked. “Adrian, why did you come?”

“You didn’t want me to come?” He looked hurt and confused.

“Of course I did. Don’t be silly. But how did you know I was alone?”

“Oh, that. You told me yesterday that you mom would be working and since Leah’s not home, I thought you could use some company,” he said a little more cheerful.

I didn’t even remember telling him that, but I guess I mentioned something when my mom called yesterday. I smiled and rested my head on his shoulder again.

The next thing I remember I was being carried upstairs to my room. Adrian put me on my bed and I still didn’t open my eyes, but I could feel him taking off my shoes and covering me. When I felt him backing away I opened my eyes.

“Where do you think you’re going?” I asked.

“I thought you were sleeping.”

“Well, not anymore, and it’s pouring outside! Now get your ass in here right now!” I told him and he seemed a little surprised.

“Err..” He hesitated.

“Are you leaving me alone in the middle of the storm?” I said with my pleading look.

He sighed but took off his shoes and lay in my bed and covered us both. I rested my head on his chest and could feel his heart beating really fast. My heart was speeding too, so I hoped he didn’t notice.

His arms went around me and started to gently rub my back. I never felt so peaceful in my entire life. His touch was really comforting, even though it sent little tingles through my entire body.

 I wanted to touch him too, so I started to caress the side of his stomach, where my hand rested when I put my arm around him, fighting the urge to run my hand through his body. I swear I wasn’t doing it to feel his six pack. Of course, it came as a bonus, but I just wanted to show some affection.

That’s when I realized something was wrong. It wasn’t right to want to touch a guy who wasn’t my boyfriend! But I really really wanted to continue what I was doing. What’s happening to me?

I abruptly took my hand off his stomach. I was trying to do the right thing.

“What’s wrong” Adrian asked. Dang. I thought he was sleeping.

“Nothing’s wrong”. I hoped he couldn’t see how embarrassed I was.

“So put your hand were it was. It was feeling good” he said putting my hand on his stomach again. I smiled. Definitely there’s something wrong, but I was too tired to try to figure out what it was.