16. Phil Phones

Slowly, the light begins to dim outside, and, one hour from when I first met her, we say goodbye. Embracing one another for the final time, I sniff her sweet smell one last time, and she's gone; heading down the dimly lit streets of London, and waving down a taxi.
    Turning round, I shoulder my bag and start the walk home. My phone starts to ring, and I laugh at the stupid ringtone. I see that it's from Phil.
"Hello?" I ask, placing the phone to my ear whilst carrying on walking.
"Oh hi Amy, we were just checking that you were on your way back?" Phil says.
"Oh yeah, Tabby just left, I'm about five minutes away."
"There was something I wanted to ask you?"
"Yeah?"
"I can't remember what it is!" Phil laughs.
"Oh, that's helpful, Phil!" I say jokingly.

I turn left at the grocery shop and I see the apartment block loom up in the darkness. I tell Phil I'm home, and then I begin to walk faster towards it, and I end up sprinting for no reason, laughing like a maniac.

   I guess this is where I'm letting out all of my feelings from the last few weeks. Honestly, I cannot fathom into words how much these two dorks mean to me. I just love them so much, before and after being adopted.
  I remember when they announced the tickets for The Amazing Tour Is Not On Fire, and I was so desperate to go. I begged Leanne, but she was so persistent on not letting me go, saying that it would be unfair on everyone else.
    Leanne didn't understand. She didn't understand, how long I've loved them. I was subscribed to Phil during his first videos, and Dan's first video spoke out to me. The first Philisnotonfire spoke to me in a spiritual level. Cheesy, I know. But something clicked inside me. And then, I knew just how much I loved them.

Racing up the stairs, I knock on the apartment door, impatiently hopping from one foot to another. I hear footsteps on the other side, then the sound of a key being turned in a lock. The door swings open and Dan is in front of me. A grin appears on my face at the sight of my father, and I jump forward, wrapping my arms around him, and burning my face in his tight fitting black jumper.
"Woah, where's all this affection coming from?" He jokes, returning the hug with a kind chuckle.
"I just wanted you to know how much I love you." I say, poking my head from out of his chest.
"Aw, Amy, that's so sweet!" Dan says, squeezing me into yet another hug.

   We head inside, and I see Phil, who is carrying a tripod into his room. "Dan and I are going to film a livestream, so you can do whatever." He shouts, almost tripping over the wires as he shuts the door with his foot behind him.
  After I hear the combined "Hello Internet," and "Hey Guys,", I pick up my camera and my new microphone I bought the other day from John Lewis. The sound quality on my covers will be much better. Turning on my camera, I get into position and start.
"Hi guys!" I say. "I have got a new mic, as some of you may be able to tell! In celebration, here's a new cover of Your Song!"
I turn on the electric piano and start singing while playing the chords.

"It's a little bit funny this feeling inside
I'm not one of those who can easily hide
I don't have much money but boy if I did
I'd buy a big house where we both could live

If I was a sculptor, but then again, no
Or a man who makes potions in a travelling show
I know it's not much but it's the best I can do
My gift is my song and this one's for you

And you can tell everybody this is your song
It may be quite simple but now that it's done
I hope you don't mind
I hope you don't mind that I put down in words
How wonderful life is while you're in the world

I sat on the roof and kicked off the moss
Well a few of the verses well they've got me quite cross
But the sun's been quite kind while I wrote this song
It's for people like you that keep it turned on

So excuse me forgetting but these things I do
You see I've forgotten if they're green or they're blue
Anyway the thing is what I really mean
Yours are the sweetest eyes I've ever seen

And you can tell everybody this is your song
It may be quite simple but now that it's done
I hope you don't mind
I hope you don't mind that I put down in words
How wonderful life is while you're in the world

I hope you don't mind
I hope you don't mind that I put down in words
How wonderful life is while you're in the world"