9

Ryan's prov.

"Once upon a time, a werewolf and a vampire were mates." Laken smiled down at me. "But everyone frowned upon it, they thought it was wrong for two different species to mix..."

"I want to be with you." The girl werewolf stated.

"And I you." The vampire male caressed her cheek.

"The two ended up running away together but faced both angry species starting wars, they didn't know that the two ran away from both species." Laken kissed my forehead. "The special mates ended up having a child."

"Mommy! Daddy!" The little boy ran up to his parents.

"The child looked and acted like a regular human child, then they discovered he had fangs when ever he needed blood. Like a regular vampire he needed to feed every week." Laken looked over at me. "Soon the also discovered he could shift into a wolf, the wolf's (due to drinking blood) fur was the color of blood."

The child wolf played in his crimson wolf and survived off blood.

"The mother was curious and made her child survive on regular human food for two weeks." Laken whispered. "The fur of the child's wolf turned a strange mix between black and crimson."

"Mommy! Daddy! Look my fur changed!" The little boy smiled. "Can I have blood now?"

When the parents wouldn't give him blood, the child rampaged a town and killed all the humans and werewolfs.

Even defeating a Alpha.

"Finding this discovery, the parents realized the child was a monster and locked him away." Laken frowned. "A couple years later the parents abandoned the child, when he was discovered again, the child needed blood."

"Using this against him he was enslaved, and more vampires and werewolfs became mates. Realizing the power of the children, they turned them into warriors and called it a new species." Laken rubbed my back. "They called the species, 'Strange Wolves'"

The story was sad, but it was true.

"Due to the wars stopping, and no longer any mates between two different species. The strange wolves went extinct." Laken told me.

I drifted off to sleep after Laken finished his story.

I didn't dream at all....

When I woke up, I thought I would be in Laken's arms. Instead I was in a prison cell.

I quickly got up and ran to the bars shaking them.

"Ryan, Ryan..." A mans voice spoke.

I looked up at him.

I could quickly tell that he was a rouge by his scent, I looked behind looked behind him to see three rouges acting as body guards.

All rouges.