“Oh, sorry.”

            “No big deal.” But it was a big deal.  When he had reached over he had pressed up against me and I couldn’t breathe.  And to make matters worse, or better, when he guided my hand…I was so toast.  Stupid Charlene, you are a man!  You are a big strong man and you can control your flirtatious and girlie emotions with ease.  I nodded to myself as Luke rose from my bed.  No, don’t go.  Stupid!  I smacked my head into my book.  Stupid, stupid, stupid.  Each time the word repeated in my head, I would slam it against my book.

            “Whoa whoa!” Luke grabbed my book from under me.  “What did it ever do to you?”

            “That, that thing it burned my crops, and killed my women!” Luke laughed.  At least he thought I was funny.

            “That’s believable.” He tossed the book back to me and I shoved it into my backpack.  ‘That’s believable’ I mimicked.  He laughed again.  “Man, where did you say you were from?”

            “Georgia.  My mother was German.” Why would it matter?  Maybe we were bonding.  Guys can bond right?

            “Oh, I have some relatives in Georgia.”  Yay.  He had relatives in the same place that I fake lived, how wonderful. 

            “Cool,” cool, what was I, ten?  I mentally smacked myself again.  If I were to use another book I would probably have to make up some other lame excuse on how it too was evil.  He smiled a bit as he stripped off his shirt.  Oh god, why me.  I tried to look away but I found my eyes to be magnetically attached to him.  I mentally attacked every portion of his flawless body.  He then bent at the waist and started to strip down his shorts.  I was such a goner.  And check this out, he was a boxers guy.  He lifted up the covers to his bed and slid in. 

            “I’m going to bed.”  He informed me.  “I am running at four.” Running?  That would be why he caught me in the gym.  Man, when was I going to get in the gym at a time that he wasn’t.  Maybe if I got up at three…

            Luke turned off his beside lamp.

            “Night.” He said.

            “Goodnight,” I replied.  I kicked my backpack off of my bed and crawled under the covers myself.  I turned off my light next.  I laid in silence, the only sound was my own breathing.  I snuggled up to Pangaea. 

            “Charles.” Luke whispered.  It had been nearly an hour and I still couldn’t sleep.  Maybe I should act like I am sleeping.  “Charles,” he repeated, “are you awake?” I groaned and rolled over to face the wall instead of him.

            “What?” I needed my sleep to stay beautiful, didn’t this boy know that?

            “Can I ask you something?”

            “What is it?”

            “Are you…gay?”

            “What?  A-are you?” I asked slowly.  What if I was fantasizing over a gay guy, well, I guess I was a guy right now.

            “No!” He practically screamed as he sat up in his bed.  I twisted over to face him.

            “Me neither.” Well, in a sense I was straight as a girl, so that would make me a gay guy right?  “Why?” I was starting to wake up now.