“Yeah,” I said, wait, that wasn’t deep enough.  I cleared my throat and repeated myself in a more manly manner.  Whoops, too deep.  I smiled at him and he returned my glance with a confused look.  Yup, I was a goner, he knew. 

            “Okay, uh…” I looked over at the clock, it was seven twenty.  Wasn’t that late, now what was my first class…  I crawled back onto my bed and grabbed my schedule from my nightstand.  Okay, Biology, with Luke, Calculus, with Luke, English, with Scarlet, and then Physical Education.  Hum, I wonder who else had that for fourth block. 

            “I’m gonna head out,” he pointed to the door.  “See ya,” I nodded as he left.  I watched him go with the sad eyes of a lover.  A lover?  He’s your roommate!  Bad Charles bad.  I let my head fall onto the mattress. 

            I got ready for the day without Luke there rather easily.  I was able to change right out in the open without the fear of him seeing my wrap thingy.  I put on a pair of black pants, a white collared shirt, and a blue tie.  That was the school uniform.  I straitened my wig out a bit, re-stuck on my eyebrows so they were strait, and then put on my glasses.   I was such a scrawny looking guy.  I licked my fingers and flattened down some of the sticking up hairs in my wig.  I went back to my nightstand and grabbed my materials for class.  At seven forty, I was headed out for class.

            When I arrived the classroom was pretty much empty.  I still had ten minutes until class started.  I decided to take my spare time to introduce myself to the creepy Mr. Kridd.  Again.

            “Hi,” I started.  He looked up from his computer to get a look at me.  He scanned me with his eyes, huffed, and went back to whatever he had been doing on the computer.  “Uh, I’m Charles, I transferred from Georgia.”

            “Oh,” he flew up and out of his chair.  Mr. Kridd wasn’t that tall, but he was rather handsome.  “I’m Mr. Kridd, your Bio teacher.” He held out a hand and I shook it.  He smiled at me.  “One sec,” he went over to his desk and grabbed a clip board.  He flipped through it until he found our block’s seating chart.  “We actually just had a student drop the class yesterday so you can take his spot.”  He pointed towards a table in the middle of the classroom. 

            “Okay,” I went back to get to my seat and froze as Payne entered.  He was wearing a long-sleeved black collared shirt with a pair of dark skinny jeans.  The hoop that was normally in his lip had been replaced by a ball, the same ball that he had been wearing when I kissed him.  Ugh, don’t remind me.  He must have felt my stare because he looked up to me, his eyes meeting mine.  A look of confusion crossed his face as he squinted still looking at my eyes.  I quickly looked away and took my seat. 

            I turned to face the front of the class and gulped.  I looked to the seat next to me, which was where Payne had been the other day.  Oh god, no…no no no no no.  Payne came up to the table and pulled out the seat next to me.  He sat down and I turned to face the other direction, finding interest in the wall.  He leaned in next to me and I thought that I would die.  I could smell him.  Not that it was a putrid scent, as sad as it might be, he did smell rather delicious, but that was beside the point.  I tried to stay focused on the wall.  Yes, walls are fun.  Lets all have staring contests with the wall on the count of three.  One, two, three, go.  Wait, I blinked. 

            “Hey,” he said quietly.  Wait, did he just talk?  Huh, and his voice wasn’t even the creepy rasp that I had imagined it to be, it was quite normal.  All velvety and deep like.  Wait, what?  I wrenched my eyes away from the wall to turn to him, it was the polite thing to do.  I froze.  He was smiling.  What the heck?  The last two days all he could do was act all scary and creepy to me, but when I am a guy he has the decency to develop manners.  Wait, was he gay?  I bet he was.  Then why had he kissed me?