Chapter Twenty-One

Start from the beginning

I felt myself blush at her touch. I then that same sensation near my neck. I winced at the feeling. Sapphire noticed my reaction, and looked at me with concern. "Are you okay?" She asked.

"I'm fine." I lied. "My neck is just bothering me a little, but I doubt it's anything major."

"Your neck?" She asked. Without waiting for my answer, she pulled my hand away, and examined the spot.

"What? What is it?"

"Do you feel okay to drive?" Was all she asked.

"Yeah, I should be fine."

"Good, then follow me. We're going to my place." She got in her car, and Carmen followed behind with a confused expression on her face. I had the same look plastered on mine when I entered my car. Sapphire drove off, and I followed close behind. She lead us through a familiar path in the middle of the forest, away from the city. We soon reached a house located in the middle of nowhere

"This isn't home." Griffin stated the obvious.

"No duh. This is Sapphire's place." I assumed.

"Why are we here?"

"To be honest, I don't know myself." I replied and unbuckled my seat belt. We got out of the car and followed Carmen and Sapphire into the house.

"Oh, no way..." Griffin gasped in awe. "This pace is huge."

Sapphire just smirked as she walked next to my side. She turned to face me. "You and I need to talk." Then she looked at Carmen.

Her little sister returned the look and nodded. "Griffin, let's go to my room and give these two some privacy." She winked in my direction.

Griffin agreed and went with Carmen to her room. Before the door shut, I shot Griffin a look, telling him not to try to bust any moves on his secret love interest.

"So..." Sapphire sat on the couch. I sat next to her. "About your neck."

"What's wrong with it? Did you see anything?"

"It's acting up because of the mark I gave you."

"Mark? What mark?" I asked while frantically rubbing my neck.

"When we were together yesterday, having sex for the first time, I bit into your neck."

"Why?"

"It's a way a wolf claims their mate. I had a hard time trying to contain myself from doing so, but I just couldn't resist the urge to make you mine. I didn't want to bite you just yet."

I nodded. So, that's why my neck was irritating me all day. I had read somewhere about a wolf marking it's mate. "Wait, so, why didn't you want to mark me in the first place?"

"It's rare for a wolf to have a human mate. Because the human body is more sensitive, it's risky for one to be marked. There's a low change your body will accept the mark, and you could possibly die from it."

I stayed silent as I looked at her. I didn't know what to say in a situation like this.

"It's common for the mark to irritate at first. If your body sees it as a threat, then you'll feel excruciating pain in about..." She looked at the clock, "An hour and a half. You'll sweat as your body heats up to a temperature of 103 degrees. Five degrees less then the body temperature of a shifter like myself. You''ll be like this for half an hour, and if things go smoothly, then the mark should disappear after that. You'll be stuck with a slight fever for a few days, but after that you should be fine." She shrugged. "If that doesn't happen, then your temperature will increase, and you'll probably die."