Chapter 17

Well here's another chapter. This is purely Ben and Nathan fluff and so I figured it'd be fitting to update on Valentine's Day. I hope you enjoy this chapter and maybe some of you will even start to ship Naten (Bethan?) Ok we'll just leave it at Ben and Nathan for now xD Maybe leave a comment and if you like it, give it a vote. Thanks for reading <3
******

*Nathan's POV*
(Surprise! :D)

I can't stop thinking about my encounter with Lucas and what he said. Does he really still love Ben? And was their breakup really some big misunderstanding? And even more, why do I care? Lucas told me that he wasn't going to try and mess up my relationship with Nathan, that if Ben was happy he was going to let him be. Yet I can't get past the sinking suspicion that he was just saying that to be nice.

"Nathan, we should do something.. I'm bored," Ben whines, making a very cute pout face as he's sprawled across my bed.

"Like what?" I ask, turning towards him. "I mean I have a few ideas, but I'm not sure if you want to partake...," I wink, moving closer to his face.

His face flushes and he whispers, lips millimeters away from mine, "Well you just might have to persuade me..."

Our kiss is soft and sweet, turning hard and deep. I want Ben and it seems he wants me too, but we've never gotten to that point. We'll either get interrupted or one of us will stop it, usually Ben. I'd like to think it's just first time worries, but sometimes late at night, I wonder if it's because he always imagined his first with Lucas. Ok Nathan, stop thinking like that. Ben's with you.. And obviously Lucas still means something to him being his first boyfriend but..

"Nate? Where'd you go? You felt 100 miles away..," Ben's voice breaks into my thoughts and I shake my head, as if to clear my mind.

"Oh sorry, I was just thinking...," I trail off, not sure if I want to get into the whole Lucas thing right now. We've talked about it, but not everything.

"Lucas again? Nate, I told you, I'm with you. I'm not going to go running off to Lucas, I promise. Sure Lucas and I had something, but that's over. And maybe we ki-"

Cutting him off, I say, "No I was just thinking about um Matt.." I don't want him to know that I obsess over his relationship or lack thereof with Lucas.

"Nate, Matt was stupid to not fight for you and it really sucks that you got hurt. But I'm lucky because of his stupidity. Come on, do you wanna go to dinner?"

Nodding, I pull him up off the bed, smacking his butt as he walks out the door.

******

It's Saturday night and I want to do something special with Ben. We haven't been on a real date, just dinner a couple of times and hanging out basically everyday, but Ben deserves more. Picking up my phone, I text him

Nathan 💕
Be ready, I'm gonna pick you up at 8.

Ben ❤️💕
What are we doing? Idk what I should wear..

Nathan 💕
Something comfortable , but presentable? I'm wearing skinny jeans and a button down

Ben ❤️💕
Ok sounds like a plan. See you then ☺️