Chapter 3

*Ben's POV*

After the game on Sunday, Lucas, Tristan, Lucy, and I went out to Lucky's for dinner and ice cream. Lucas was really excited about winning because it was getting closer and closer to the playoffs and the team's record left something to be desired.

We sat down at the booth and ordered. A salad and an ice tea for Lucy, a bacon cheese burger and a soda for Tristan, Mac and cheese, a hot dog, and a soda for Lucas, and chicken fingers and an apple juice for me. Yes, my choices were a little childish, but who really cares? Certainty not me.

"I can't believe we beat them by that much, Lucas chattered happily, I mean I thought they were supposedly a good team." Tristian nodded his agreement. "But anything that gets us to the playoffs," Lucas continues as the waiter brings our plates.

We eat our meal in relative silence, the two boys wolfing down their food because after all, they had just played a baseball game. We finished our entrees and were getting ready to order ice cream.

Tristian and Lucy had been whispering as we were looking over the menu. I started to ask Lucas what he was planning on getting, but I was inturupted. "Actually guys, Tristian says, I'm have to get this pretty little lady home. She's full and I'll be good without dessert." But from the way Lucy is blushing and Tristian is smirking I'm pretty sure they're getting a different kind of dessert. The pair leaves amid a bye from me and a "use protection!" from Lucas.

Then it's just Lucas and me in the booth. "So ice cream?" I ask. He gets two scoops of brownie mint and I get two scoops of my personal favorite, cookie dough. As we're waiting for the ice cream Lucas and I talk about trivial things. How great the party was, who kissed who, who got so drunk they skinny dipped in the pool, those stupid kind of things. After eating we pay the bill and exit the restaurant.

My mom is there to pick us up and drive us back to my house, where his car and things are. He gets into his car and I offer him a wave and a "I'll see you in school," and he's on my way home. I go up to my room and as I walk, I think back to last night. Was he really drunk? Well he didn't say anything about it so I'm not entirely sure how he feels. Is he disgusted? He didn't really act as if he was... I decide to put my worries to the side and try to enjoy the rest of my weekend.

*Lucas's POV*

Shit! He must be really weirded out after last night! Ben didn't really let on any of his emotions on the subject, but he was drunk. What if he doesn't even remember? God why do I freaking care so much!? It's not like I'm gay. I'm just worried about our friendship. Yeah that's it, I just would hate to have Been hate me just because I kissed him last night. We also almost.. OML we might have had sex if we weren't inturupted! God what is wrong with me?

I just have to figure out how Ben's feeling. That is unless he wants to pretend that didn't happen. I'd happily agree to that. That would mean I wouldn't have to figure out why I enjoyed that kiss with Ben so much. Oh my, I really did enjoy it! In fact I probably would have had- no, NO. I would not have had sex with him. We're just friends, that's all we'll ever be. It's not like either one of is gay. Right?