Chapter 22 - The Confrontation

Start from the beginning

        Protecting me like crazy?

        Then, she turned around to show her angry face to me. "Tell me, why was he so damn worried when you fainted the last time that the three of us were together? Tell me, why did he act so damn worried?"

        So, Maria Stella, his girlfriend, also noticed Nigel's concern to me like what Kara did. So, it was really true. Nigel had been worried about me. But, was that the only reason why Stella was suspecting about my relationship with Nigel? Wasn't it a shallow reason for her to suspect?

        "He was worried because I'm his sister?" I lied. Oh, crap!

        "Come on, you're not even sure of what you're talking. You sound so fake!" she complained. "Are you really trying to let me believe on that? I haven't seen him that worried about me. I'm his girlfriend, for pete's sake!" Maria Stella cast me an angry, fiery glare.

        Oh, I already had enough of this!

        "Well, if you have complaints on how Nigel is treating me, you've confronted the wrong person. I think, Nigel's the one who can answer you who I am to him. Go ask him," I strongly said as I remained firm on where I stood.

        "Why do I have this feeling that behind your innocent facade is a devious, scheming bitch? Tell me, what are you planning, bitch?" she yelled.

        Before you become his girlfriend, I've already been engaged to him. How do you think you would react if I'd tell you that marrying Nigel is my absolute goal?

        "Don't answer me with that damn glare!" she stormed off.

        You're glaring at me, too! I wanted to shout at her but I tried to calm my temper. "I can't answer your questions, Stella. Please, will you leave now?" I spoke clenching my fists at my sides.

        I saw her raise her right hand as if to slap me again but she hesitated for some reason so she just clenched it before my face. "I am Nigel's girlfriend, not you, so you better behave yourself properly." She flipped her straight hair at her right shoulder before she walked towards the door.

        How could a very beautiful woman act so very insecure? I was not even doing anything...

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

        It had been a week since Nigel was out of the country. I attended my classes the whole day and, afterwards, sat on a bench near the parking area to wait for my driver. Kara still had her last period going on so, as usual on a Tuesday afternoon, I sat alone on the bench. Marcos, my driver, had been instructed by Nigel to wait for me and not the other way around. However, since I wanted to stay for a while every afternoon in this particular area to just loaf around, I told Marcos to fetch me twenty minutes after my last period. It was just, I thought, finding another private space...

        In this particular afternoon, I neither stared at passing people nor read a book, instead I spent it gazing Nigel's number in my phone. I wanted to call him, ask him how he was doing and, most especially, hear his voice.

        I also wanted to tell him about Stella's jealous outburt last week. Yet I had already decided that I would just shut my mouth about it.  If she really wanted a confrontation, she had to come face-to-face with Nigel.

        My mind wandered again to that night when Stella barged in the condo unit and disclosed her insecurities. As far as I remembered, the first time I saw her, Nigel was kissing her just outside my bedroom; and the second time, Nigel was accompanying her all the time in the sugar factory. So how did she ever tell that there was more to my relationship with  Nigel when it was she who always got his attention?