-one-

- - -《 A SECOND CHANCE》 - - -

~Past~

"Emilia!"

She gasping for air greedily while running down the stair while pulling a piece of hair off of her sweaty face. She didn't pause until she was in front of the tall man in a 3 piece black suit.

"Yes?... is there something wrong?"
She ask. Looking down onto the floor not even daring to stare into those deep blue eye.

"What did I tell you about the lunch meeting? I fuckin told you that I will have guest over so that I can close a business deal. And you don't even have lunch ready?" He said angrily.

This wasn't the first time that it have happen. It's not that I'm doing it on purpose it's because there is so many thing to do that I tend to forget.

I bow my head down even more in shame. "I'm sorry. I'll remember next time."

Christopher was a successful man. But he wanted more. He want his empire to be worldwide known and expand it across America.

He have been bring business partners to the house lately and it was my duty as a wife to impress them with everything. By cooking and beckon to their need.

He scoff.

"Clearly not. If I loose this deal because of you then don't even think about having a husband tommorow." He said harshly. Pulling out his phone while walking upstairs to his office.

Feeling like my heart was going to burst and tears pouring out like a waterfall.

I know that this marriage was falling apart.

My heart was hurting and aching from physically and emotionally. Trying to grasp for air, breathing hardly now.

I try to calm down and counting my breath to stop the pain by pulling my hand together on top of my chest.
Wishing that I have medicine to ease the pain but it seems like I would have to deal without it.

"Everything is going to be okay." I whispered to myself.